(16) Saved

Season 2, Episode 3: Save The Last One

October 10th, Day 67

“SO DO WE ring the bell? I mean it looks like people live here.” The asian guy said, making Ariel raise her brows in amusement.

“We're past this kind of stuff, aren't we?” The black guy rolled his eyes. Maggie and Ariel glanced at each other, holding in their laughter. Maggie remembered the Asian guy, so she was calm enough. “Having to be considerate.”

“Did you close the gate up the road when you drove in?” Maggie asked as they reached the poarch, startling the two. They walk towards Maggie.

“Uh, hi.” the asian guy said, awkwardly. “Yes, we closed it. Did the latch and everything.” He informs, seeming flustered. Maggie folded her arms. “Hello. Nice to see you again. We met briefly before.” Glenn adds while looking at the ground.

The black guy rolled his eyes, causing Ariel to snort in amusement. “Look, we came to help. There anything we can do?” T-Dog asks. He groaned in pain before Maggie could even have the chance to respond. Rory stepped outside and saw the bloody bandage on his forearm. Her eyes widened in horror. “It's not a bite. I cut myself pretty bad though.”

Maggie stepped closer, examining his arm. “We'll have it looked at. I'll tell them you're here.”

“We have some painkillers and antibiotics.” Glenn informs while grabbing a pill bottle out of his bag. “I already gave him some.” he reaches his hand out to Maggie “If Carl or Rory need any.”

Maggie grabs the bottle and nods, “Come on inside. I'll make you something to eat.” She then leads the three inside.

Ariel remained seated on the porch. She stayed there for numerous reasons. First off, she didn't want to be inside with everything going on. It was too much, and if the child died, she didn't want to see, so she was staying outside to pretend everything was normal.

Next off, two guys had showed up, so there was probably a larger group and she didn't want to wait to show them around and introduce everyone, but at least there wouldn't be knocking every second while Carl was dying. Ariel didn't know the names.

Carl looked even worse. Time was passing by incredibly fast and yet Shane still wasn't here. The high school had been overrun, what if they were killed? Rory still wasn't too fond of Shane, but she would never wish death upon him, and even if it sounded cruel; he needed to save Carl first. Carl was barely alive and he needed them more than anyone else. He needed surgery. Were they gonna come back?

Her head pounded. Her heart ached. Sweat ran down her forehead. She gripped onto the sheets tightly. Rick's eyes widened when he saw Rory scream suddenly in pain.

She stumbled back, screaming, sobbing.

Her arm throbbed in pain.

“Mr. Grimes,” Rory sobbed as he rushed towards her. He pulled up a chair and pulled her towards him.

“Ro, are you okay?” He asked as Hershel and Lori entered.

“My arm hurts,” she mumbled. “It hurts, Mr. Grimes.” Tears fell down her cheeks. “It hurts.”

“Is she okay?” Lori gazes over at Hershel with worry.

Hershel took her blood pressure, her heart rate, and just her vitals in general. Her blood pressure and heart rate were high but Hershel shook his head.

“What's wrong with her?” Rick asked, eyes wide.

Hershel shrugged, “Maybe she has previous arm injuries?”