Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Author's note: I know it's lacking some interactions between Michi and Yuki but I want to establish more of her character before them hitting it off. 😊

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michi's POV

After the tryouts, we went straight to work, focusing on building our chemistry and getting to know each other better for the Tokyo Olympics. Not going to lie, this is a huge step and it terrifies me. One second, I'm just playing for my club, and now I'm here representing my country for the OLYMPICS.

At the Gym

The air was filled with the familiar sound of sneakers squeaking against the polished wood and the thud of volleyballs being spiked over the net. Sarina, our team captain, was always the first to arrive.

She called out, "Alright, let's start with some warm-up drills," her voice clear and authoritative. The team quickly fell into line, each member knowing their role and ready to give their best.

As we moved through the drills, our teamwork became more evident. Akako's precise sets allowed Mayu to deliver powerful spikes that echoed through the gym. They were slowly finding their chemistry. It wasn't hard for me to adjust when it came to offense since I'm used to Akako's setting, but I was happy to see her working well with the other spikers.

During a short break, the girls gathered around, sharing laughs and light-hearted banter. "Did you see Michi's save earlier?" Mayu teased, nudging her friend. "I swear she has eyes in the back of her head!"

Michi grinned, shaking her head. "It's all about anticipation," she replied modestly.

Akako, usually reserved, chimed in with a smile. "And Mayu's spikes are getting stronger. I almost feel sorry for our opponents."

The camaraderie among the four was palpable. Despite the hard work and sweat, they enjoyed each other's company and pushed one another to improve. There were a few missteps initially, but with each attempt, they grew more synchronized.

Moments later~

"Great job, everyone!" Sarina encouraged as we successfully executed the new play. "We're getting there."

By the end of the practice, the girls were exhausted but satisfied. They knew they had a long way to go, but their bond and mutual respect made the journey worthwhile.

As we packed up, Sarina turned to her teammates. "Let's grab some food. We've earned it."

"Count me in!" Mayu exclaimed, her stomach growling in agreement.

Michi and Akako nodded, and the four friends headed out, ready to refuel and recharge for another day of practice.

At the restaurant

At the restaurant, the four friends settled into a cozy booth. The place was bustling with activity, but they had found a quiet corner where they could unwind and chat.

"So," Mayu began, glancing around the table with a mischievous grin. "Any new developments in the love lives of my favorite teammates?"

Michi chuckled, shaking her head. "Always the curious one, Mayu. But no, nothing new for me. Volleyball is my focus right now."

"Well, someone right here got someone's attention from the men's national team," Mayu teasingly said while eyeing Sarina.

"Oh hush, someone might hear you," Sarina replied, her face turning a light shade of pink.

"Wait, who is it?" Akiko asked curiously.

"Well, he's pretty close to my brother and a lefty," Mayu said.

Me and Akiko looked at each other and exclaimed, "WHAT, NISHIDA-SAN?!"

Sarina panicked and quickly covered our mouths while looking around the restaurant. "Guys, keep it down; we are just getting to know each other, that's all."

We just nodded and said in unison, "If you say so, Mrs.nishida" teasing her.

"Enough about me. How about you two?" Sarina asked, turning the spotlight on her friends.

"I already have a boyfriend," Akako replied, a shy smile playing on her lips.

"Ohhhhh, where did you meet your lover boy?" Mayu inquired with a playful tone.

"He is also a volleyball player," Akako said, her eyes sparkling and told us the story on how they met.

"Michi, what about you? It's impossible that you haven't set your eyes on someone," Sarina asked.

"I'm not pursuing anything right now. Volleyball and studies are my focus," Michi replied.

Mayu laughed, "Geez, you sound like my brother." Sarina nodded in agreement.

Michi choked on her drink and laughed.

"No really, that's how he replies when Okasan asks about his love life: volleyball blah blah." Mayu said.

They all laughed, and Mayu teasingly said, "Hey, maybe I should set you up with my brother," winking at Michi.

Akako immediately chimed in, "YES! It's timee"

Michi shook her head, "NO, don't bother your brother."

Mayu smirked, "Yeah, sure," while eyeing Akiko and mouthing, "Give me her number."

Akako winked back, understanding the unspoken request.

3rd POV
mayu took out her knee pads and reach it out under the table for akiko to get.

Akako mouthed "what is this for?"
Then mayu replied "just trust me put it inside her bag" pointing at michi whose talking to sarina.

After that, They all laughed again, the conversation flowing easily and comfortably. Each shared their stories and dreams, feeling a renewed sense of connection and support. The bond they had was strong, forged through shared experiences and mutual respect. As they left the restaurant, they knew that, no matter what, they had each other's backs, both on and off the court. After eating they bid farewell and went home

The next day

Ding

Ding

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to write as much as possible before school starts. I hope you're liking the book so far!

If yall see "akako" being named "akiko" that's my false I get them mixed up when writing, I might miss some when proof reading sorry in advanced😭

Ya'll pick where Michi should go—Italy, Turkey, Brazil—for her new club??

choose wisely.😉