Chapter 11

3rd POV

It was a typical afternoon practice session for the Japan women's volleyball team, As the team took a short break, Michi sat on the bleachers, wiping sweat from her brow and sipping water. Her mind wandered, and her usually bright demeanor seemed a bit clouded.

Akako, always observant, noticed the contemplative look on her friend's face and decided it was the perfect moment for a chat. She slid onto the bleacher next to Michi, her presence bringing a sense of comfort.

"Hey, Michi," Akako began, her tone gentle but probing. "You seem a bit out of it today. Everything okay?"

Michi forced a smile, though she knew it didn't quite reach her eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired, I guess."

Akako raised an eyebrow, clearly not buying it. "Come on, I know you better than that. Something's on your mind. Want to talk about it?"

Michi hesitated for a moment, then sighed, feeling the weight of her thoughts pressing down. "It's Yuki."

Akako nodded, her expression softening with understanding. "You mean Yuki, as in Mayu's brother?"

Michi nodded again, feeling a mix of frustration and sadness. "Yeah. We've been chatting a lot. We even went out the other day," she said, her voice trailing off.

Akako's eyes widened with interest. "Like a date, I'm quite offended I'm your BEST FRIEND, and I dont know about this?!?" she said jokingly, her curiosity piqued.

Michi shrugged, looking uncertain. "I don't even know if it's a date, Akako. It felt like one, but I'm not sure."

Akako placed a comforting hand on Michi's shoulder, offering her a reassuring squeeze. "So, tell me, what did Ishikawa-senpai do that's bothering your mind?"

Michi sighed again, trying to put her thoughts into words. "Well, I'm not sure why he's reaching out to me. It's been weeks since we started talking, and I'm not really sure if it's just a friendly gesture or if it means something more."

And she talked about their date and late night talks.

Akako was silent for a moment, then spoke with a gentle yet firm tone. "Do you want my insight?" Michi nodded, eager for her friend's perspective.

"By the looks of things, I think it's more than a friendly gesture," Akko said thoughtfully. "I mean, going on dates, having late-night talks, helping you in volleyball and he is trying his best to spend time getting to know you even in his hectic schedules... the effort is there. And from what Mayu's been telling us, I think he has feelings for you."

Michi looked down, her thoughts swirling. "I just don't want to assume things," she replied softly.

Akako smiled, her eyes warm with empathy. "I get that, Michi. It's tough to know for sure without talking to him directly. But from what you've described, it sounds like Yuki genuinely cares about you. Maybe it's time to have an honest conversation with him about how you both feel."

Michi nodded slowly, taking in Akako's words. "You're right. I should talk to him maybe after the olympics."

Akako rebuttals " before you ask about his feelings, what do you feel about him?"

Michi took a minute to process his feelings and replied " I'm not 100% percent sure, but I feel at ease and happy when he's around or when we talk together, maybe a crush or more? Too soon to tell"

Akako said " but there are feelings being created between the both of you that's for sure" Akako chuckled softly. "If he's as invested as it seems, I don't think you have to worry about that. Just be yourself and be honest. That's all you can do."

Michi felt a sense of relief wash over her. She knew the conversation wouldn't be easy, but with Akako's support, she felt a bit more confident about facing it.

"Thanks, Akako. I really needed that," Michi said, giving her friend a grateful smile.

"Anytime," Akako replied, standing up and stretching. "Now, let's get back out there and show everyone what we're made of. We've got a match to win."

Michi stood up as well, a renewed sense of determination in her heart. She knew she had to stay focused on her game and her team, but she also knew she couldn't ignore her feelings any longer. With a deep breath, she joined her teammates, ready to face whatever came next, both on and off the court.

As they transitioned into practice games, Michi found herself in the zone. Every pass, set, and spike felt instinctive. She moved with a grace and intensity that seemed to elevate the entire team's performance. Her focus was unbreakable, her eyes locked on the ball and her teammates.

The chemistry between Michi and her teammates was undeniable. Akako's sets were precise, allowing Michi to unleash her full power in her spikes. Mayu's quick thinking and agility complemented Michi's aggressive play style, creating a dynamic duo on the court. Even the coach, typically reserved, couldn't hide his smile as he watched the team in sync.

As practice resumed, the intensity only grew. Michi continued to dominate, her spikes becoming more powerful and her defense impenetrable. She could feel the support of her teammates and the energy of the gym pushing her to new heights.

As the final whistle blew, signaling the end of practice, the team gathered in a huddle. Their coach gave them a brief but motivating speech, praising their efforts and reminding them of the challenges ahead.

With the last practice behind them, Michi felt a sense of calm wash over her. She was ready to face the Olympics head-on, to represent her country with pride, and to give everything she had on the court. She stood up, joined her teammates, and left the gym with a renewed sense of purpose and determination. The journey to the Olympics had been long and challenging, but now, they were ready to make their mark.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi!! We are nearing or at the half of the book? I never anticipated that's it will have many chapters but I hope you're likeing it so far😊

Do you guys want drama? I kinda want one to spice things up.