Chapter 1

**Michi's POV**

With athlete parents, both my brother and I grew up in a sporty environment. One day, while sitting in our living room, my father turned on the television. That's when I fell in love with volleyball. Watching the players amazed me as a child.

Young Michi: Dad! Do you think I can play like them?*

I giggled while jumping and mimicking the players spiking.

Dad: Of course! But you need to practice really hard so you can jump and spike like them

Young Michi: " What's a spike?

I looked at him confused.

Dad: That's when they jump then hit the ball hard, like that look!

He pointed ate the television, I looked at the television again and saw a girl spiking. I watched in awe, and ever since then, I wanted to be a volleyball player like them.

*Timeskip*

Now it's my last year playing for my club. In my first year, I won multiple awards, including Rookie of the Year and Most Valuable Player, and even helped the team compete in nationals. But tragedy struck in my second year.

During practice, I landed wrong and broke my ankle. I couldn't compete for the rest of that year. However, I didn't let that stop me. Normally, when you're a benched player, you just wait in the corner for the coach to call you in.

I hate being idle, so I learned to analyze the game instead. My coach noticed this and allowed me to stand beside the coaches to help analyze the game and identify weaknesses in the opponents' strategies.

I tapped my coach.

Michi: "Coach, I noticed the opponents' offense relies on long shots. If we do a faint or a drop ball, I'm pretty sure they won't be able to get it."

Coach: "Nice observation, Michi!"

He ruffled my hair and called for a timeout.

Coach: "The reason why we can't kill the ball is that you guys keep attacking the back row. Try doing a faint and see, no one will get it. Got it?"

Everyone: "Yes, Coach!

Whistle*

The players went back to the court, executed the strategy, and we earned a point!

Due to my injury, I would only join the court if necessary. Some people claimed that I only played when the game was "worthy of my time," but that wasn't true, and I didn't care about their opinions.

*Whistle*

Referee: "Substitution, 19 to 8."

I heard some of the players from the other team gossiping about me

"Here comes the 'ACE.

' I guess she decided that we were worth her time."

"Who does she think she is? Wanting a grand entrance. I bet she's not even that good."

"People are probably just overhyping her because of her looks."

Akako got irritated and faced at them

Akako: "Are you done gossiping?" (raises an eyebrow). "If you want to backstab someone, make sure they can't hear you."

The opponents made faces and rolled their eyes at us.

I pulled Akako's arm and stared at her

Michi: "Come on, Akako, don't mind them. Focus on the game. Don't mind them"

Akako: "Why don't you show them how deadly you are" She winked at me "Attack zone 5, I noticed her receptions are not that great."

Michi: " Float or a Jump serve?"

Akako:" Do whatever, I bet even a normal serve she's not able to get it."

I just smacked her head and I went to the service lane. Not only was I known for my offense and defense, but I was also praised for my serves. I could do jump serves, float serves, and hybrid serves.

Opponent 1: Be ready!"

I saw Akako signaling me to target zone 5. I did my jump serve and aimed for that area. I did my pre-serve routine

*Jump*

*Spike*

Commentator: "Did you see that, ladies and gentlemen? 100 km/hr.! Fresh off the bench, and it's an ACE!!!"

**Time skip:**

We dominated, winning three sets straight, 3-0. After the game, we shook hands with the other team, went to the bleachers, and greeted some fans.