Chapter 33

Weeks had passed since Michi and Yuki had reconciled, and their relationship had slowly but steadily been mending. Yuki, determined to show his sincerity and commitment, decided it was time to take a more serious step. He knew he had to approach Akihiro, Michi's older brother, to ask for permission to court her.

After finishing his practice session, Yuki made his way to Akihiro's gym, where he found him finishing up a workout. Yuki approached him with a respectful and serious demeanor.

"Akihiro, do you have a moment to talk?" Yuki asked.

Akihiro, noticing Yuki's serious tone, nodded and gestured for him to sit down. "Sure, Yuki. What's on your mind?"

Yuki took a deep breath before speaking. "I wanted to talk to you about Michi. I know that we've had our ups and downs, but I've been thinking a lot about us and our future. I want to court Michi properly and show her how much she means to me."

Akihiro's expression hardened slightly, reflecting his protective nature. "You know, Yuki, I've seen how things have been between you two. I want to make sure that you're serious about her and that you won't hurt her again."

Yuki nodded, his tone earnest. "I understand your concerns, and I truly am serious about Michi. I've realized my mistakes, and I'm committed to making things right. I care deeply for her and want to build something meaningful with her."

Akihiro studied Yuki's face, searching for any sign of insincerity. After a moment of silence, he spoke. "It's not easy for me to let my sister be with someone who's hurt her. But I can see that you're genuinely committed. I'll give you my blessing, but remember, you have to earn her trust back, and you need to be honest and respectful at all times."

Yuki's face brightened with relief and gratitude. "Thank you, Akihiro. I promise I'll do everything I can to make things right and to prove that I'm worthy of her."

Akihiro nodded, a hint of a smile on his lips. "Alright then. Just remember, I'm always here if you need to talk or if you mess up."

"I understand," Yuki said with a nod. "I appreciate your trust and support."

As Yuki left the gym, he felt a renewed sense of determination and hope. He knew that gaining Akihiro's trust was a significant step, and he was more committed than ever to making things work with Michi.

Back at home, Akihiro reflected on the conversation. While he remained protective of his sister, he knew that Yuki's sincerity was genuine. He hoped that this time, their relationship would be different and that Michi and Yuki could build a strong, lasting bond.

After getting Akihiro's blessing

As the evening sun cast a warm glow over the park, Michi and Yuki walked side by side along the winding path. The gentle breeze rustled the leaves, creating a serene atmosphere. Yuki took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts before speaking.

"Michi," he began, his voice steady but filled with emotion, "there's something important I need to tell you."

Michi looked up at him, her curiosity piqued. "What is it, Yuki?"

Yuki stopped walking and turned to face her, taking her hands in his. "I talked to Akihiro today. I asked for his permission to court you properly, to show you how much you mean to me and to prove that I can be the person you deserve."

Michi's eyes widened in surprise. "You talked to my brother? How did it go?"

"It wasn't easy," Yuki admitted with a small smile. "Akihiro was tough on me, as any protective brother would be. But he gave me his blessing. He wants to see us happy and for me to earn your trust back."