Chapter 30

Chapter 30

3rd POV

It been days since the night Michi left Yuki's apartment without a word. Yuki had been trying to contact her, calling and texting, but she had been avoiding him, needing time to sort through her feelings. His concern and confusion grew with each unanswered message.

And they are going back to Japan for the VNL, Michi wants to talk to Yuki about that night and she also wants to address the elephant in the room why yuki ghosted her, she has some ideas but I till be clearer hearing it from the person itself. She's been contemplating whether to text yuki, But fear too over her and she avoided him.

Going back to Japan

As Michi prepared for her trip back to Japan, she felt a mix of excitement and bittersweet emotions. She had grown close to her teammates in Italy, especially Alessandro and Lucia, and saying goodbye was not easy.

At the airport, Michi hugged Lucia tightly. "I'm going to miss you so much, Lucia. Thanks for everything. You've been an amazing friend."

Lucia smiled, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. "I'll miss you too, Michi. Don't be a stranger, okay? And remember, we'll always have volleyball to bring us back together and maybe we'll see each other on the next club season😉."

Next, Michi turned to Alessandro, who looked more serious than usual. "Thank you for everything, Alessandro. You've been a great support."

Alessandro smiled, though it didn't reach his eyes. "Take care, Michi. I hope you find everything you're looking for in Japan. Lucia and I will visit you, when you'll play for the VNL gold medal."

"I'm looking forward to that," Michi assured him. "Goodbye."

With final hugs and promises to stay in touch, Michi made her way through security and boarded her flight, her heart heavy with the goodbyes but also eager for the new chapter ahead.

Upon arriving in Japan, Michi spotted her brother, Akihiro, waiting for her at the airport. His face lit up when he saw her, and he waved enthusiastically.

"Michi! Over here!" Akihiro called out, rushing to greet her.

Michi hurried towards him, her suitcase trailing behind her. "Akihiro! It's so good to see you!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms around him in a warm embrace.

"How's my little sister?" Akihiro said, holding her tightly. "How was the flight?"

"It was good, just long," Michi replied, pulling back to look at her brother. "I'm so glad to be home. I've missed you."

"We've all missed you too," Akihiro said with a smile. "Let's get you home and catch up. There's so much to talk about."

As they walked to the car, Michi felt a sense of relief and anticipation. Being back in Japan felt like a fresh start, and she ready to embrace whatever cames next.

As Michi and Akihiro approached the car, Michi felt a sense of comfort wash over her, happy to be back in familiar surroundings. She opened the car door and was about to place her luggage in the back seat when suddenly, a figure popped up from the back seat, startling her.

"Surprise!" Akiko shouted, a huge grin on her face.

Michi jumped back, her hand flying to her chest. "Akiko! You scared me!" she exclaimed, her initial shock quickly turning into laughter.

Akiko laughed along, climbing out of the car to hug Michi tightly. "Welcome back, Michi! I couldn't wait to see you, so I decided to tag along with Akihiro."