Chapter 23

3rd POV

As the Italian league continued to heat up, Piano, a close friend and teammate of Yuki, was excited about his sister's match. Piano's sister, a talented professional volleyball player, was competing in a crucial match that could decide her team's future.

Piano, eager to support his sister and share the experience with his teammates, extended an invitation to the entire Imoco Volley Conegliano team. The message came with enthusiasm and a personal touch: "Hey everyone, my sister's playing in the semifinals tomorrow, and I'd love for you all to come and support her. It's going to be an exciting match!"

The team was excited about the opportunity to watch another high-stakes game and support Piano's sister. Michi and her teammates were all in agreement about attending, eager to cheer for Piano's sister and witness another great match.

However, was initially hesitant about going didn't feel like he had the energy to attend.

Piano, sensing Yuki's reluctance, approached him with a friendly but insistent tone. "Yuki, come on, you've got to come to the match. It's a big deal for my sister, and it would mean a lot to her and to me if you were there. She's a BIG FAN"

Yuki, still unsure, shrugged. "I don't know, Piano"

Piano shook his head, his expression serious but kind. "But this is about supporting someone who means a lot to me. It's also a chance for you to get away from everything and just enjoy the game. Plus, it's always good to see high-level volleyball."

Yuki hesitated for a moment, then sighed. "Alright, I'll come. But only because you're really pushing for it."

Piano grinned, relieved and thankful. "Thanks, Yuki. I promise you won't regret it. It's going to be a great game."

~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Yuki, and the rest of the team arrived at the arena, ready to support Piano's sister. The atmosphere was electric, with fans filling the stands and the excitement palpable.As Yuki and Piano settled into their seats, the energy in the arena was electric. The match was about to begin, and Yuki was eager to see what Piano's sister could do.

Yuki turned to Piano with curiosity. "So, who's your sister? I want to know who I should be cheering for."

Piano glanced towards the court and pointed out a middle blocker. "There she is, the middle blocker. Her name is Lucia. She's been one of the standout player this season, also her friend is getting recognized for her amazing plays."

Yuki watched Lucia for a moment, admiring her skill and agility. The game began, and the intensity on the court was palpable. Yuki was engrossed in the action, cheering along with the crowd, but he couldn't help but notice another player who was making an impact.

During a critical rally, an outside hitter launched a powerful spike that seemed to shift the momentum. The crowd erupted in cheers, and Yuki's eyes were drawn to the player who had executed the impressive shot. The outside hitter had a commanding presence and skillfully controlled the ball. As Yuki focused on her.

When Yuki saw the face clearly, he was struck by a sudden recognition. It was Michi, She and lucia seemed to be offering words of encouragement to eachother. His heart skipped a beat as he realized the outside hitter was Michi.

Yuki's eyes widened in shock. "Wait, What's she plays for them?" He whispered

Piano, noticing Yuki's surprise, looked over and then back at Yuki. "Oh you know her? She's Lucia's bestfriend I believe she's also Japanese, A talented fellow. I met her couple of times, she gets along with lucia well."

Yuki was taken aback, his emotions swirling as he saw Michi in this unexpected setting.

He remembered their past interactions and the feelings he still had for her. Seeing Michi so close to Piano's sister, and witnessing her incredible play, stirred a mix of guilt and longing.

He watched as Michi and Lucia shared a moment of excitement after the spike. The connection between them was clear, and it made Yuki reflect on his own emotions and the distance that had grown between them.

As the match continued, Yuki found it hard to focus solely on the game. The sight of Michi, so vibrant and engaged, had reawakened feelings he had tried to suppress. The match, while thrilling and intense, had taken on a personal significance for him.

_____________________________________

722 words

Do I smell a comeback👀