11. moment of anticipation

—-

—-

"I don't know. He just didn't want to be with me I guess."

"What?" Jisung shook his head in disbelief. "He must be crazy or something."

The girl playfully twisted the locks of hair at the nape of his neck with her fingers, staring at him affectionately as she had for most of the night.

After rejoining their friends they found themselves inside some back green room for performing artists.

They started off by sitting next to each other on the couch but slowly over time, as the room got more and more crowded, their proximity was hard to miss.

Two hours and three drinks later, Xia was comfortably straddling the man as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

It was a rather compromising position to be found in but everyone was so occupied with their own drunken antics that they paid no attention, and even if they had the couple would have never noticed, far too lost in their conversation.

"Maybe he doesn't find me attractive." She postulated with a small pout and a strategic head tilt that tossed some of her hair in front of her face.

She's just begging to be kissed, thought Jisung. How could anyone not fall to their knees for a face like that?

He knew it was just another play in her game but his heart ate it all up.

A hand of his lifted from its casual placement on her hip and went up to her face, pushing her hair back like the living and breathing k-drama babe he was.

"So... he's blind?"

She laughed at the way he tried to be smooth with his words but the poorly suppressed grin negated his attempt.

God, he's cute.

Xia leaned in but before she could connect their lips Jisung wrapped his hand around the back of her neck. Fingers interlocked with her hair, thumb set on her soft jawline pushing her face up towards his.

He liked to be in control, she noticed.

Even if his touch was light, it was guiding. Guiding to a path of inevitability.

Different habits of his caught her attention. Mannerisms that seemed to come natural to him but worked in his favor nonetheless.

For example, the way he kissed.

His head always tilted to the right first, he'd hesitate the second before just to savor the moment of anticipation, and then his lips would envelope her bottom lip.

When he'd feel her kiss back he would smile briefly before parting his lips to let his tongue settle between her lips.

She knew exactly what he wanted but wasn't going to give in right away. Her tongue would dart out for only a brief instant, brushing against his and sending an electrifying signal throughout his entire body.

This back and forth would go on for a few seconds before Jisung switched his angle to the left, taking advantage of the opening she'd eventually give him and capturing her in a deep kiss.

cont.