17. change the game

—-

—-

The night went on and Xia stayed with the group.

Although she didn't quite understand why. Jisung hadn't as much as glanced her way the whole time.

Instead, he was mentally checked out for the rest of the night and went missing entirely when the party moved to one of the band member's hotel rooms.

Her friends were all over the place.

Some left the moment things switched to another location, but her girls decided to stay so Xia thought it was best to stick with them.

What she didn't know, and what might have changed her mind if she had, was that Aeri would immediately sneak off not-so-subtly into another room with Hyunah and Jaemin.

The three of them wouldn't be seen until the next morning.

Hina had stepped outside with Donghyuck, and a few other people they went out with that night, for a smoke that would go on for at least an hour and a half.

And Minjeong passed out on the small couch in the mini living room section, where Xia had found herself spending what seemed like the rest of her night.

People came in and out of the room but none that she really wanted to interact with.

Eventually everyone went off to do their own things, leaving Xia alone with her thoughts.

Initially, she wanted nothing more than to spend more time with Jisung. Despite everything, she felt this odd connection with him that she wanted to explore more of.

But as the hours ticked by and his face didn't appear in her line of sight, she grew more upset with the situation.

Going home seemed like the best option but she didn't want to leave her friend there alone and unconscious in a strange place with unknown men.

So when Minjeong finally began to stir Xia couldn't help but feel elated.

"Water," the other girl croaked, reaching for her throat.

Just like that Xia was on a grand search for a glass of water.

She made her way to the kitchenette connected to the hotel room but paused when she heard mention of her friend come from around the corner.

"What happened with that Hina girl?" One male voice asked.

"She wasn't into it, which is fine or whatever," the way the second male voice sounded with annoyance proved that it was neither 'fine' nor 'whatever'.