Ⅱ.

✧ ・゚ : * ✧ ・゚ : *

A week later

Evelyn watched from the upstairs window as a familiar black car pulled up in front of her family's house. Her heart raced as she recognized the two youngest Crusaders stepping out.

"They're here," she whispered to herself, her hands trembling slightly, "Why the heck are they here?" she cursed to herself, and ran down the stairs to warn her family.

She was just in time to hear three deliberate knocks echo through the hallway. She found her mother in the kitchen, slicing vegetables for lunch, and her two brothers in the living room, absorbed in a video game.

"Mom, Aiden, Kayden," Evelyn whispered urgently, her voice barely above a breath. They all turned to look at her, surprised by the urgency in her tone.

"What's wrong, Evelyn? Who's at the door?" her mother asked, furrowing her forehead.

"It's Noriaki and Jotaro," Evelyn said quickly, her words coming out in a rush. "They're here."

Aiden and Kayden exchanged worried glances, while their mother's expression turned solemn. "Why are they here?" she asked quietly, setting down the knife and wiping her hands on a towel.

"I don't know," Evelyn admitted, her voice tinged with anxiety. "But I think they're looking for me."

"I'll talk to them." Leilani decided, her voice steady.

Evelyn hesitated, her mind racing. She knew she couldn't avoid them forever, but facing Noriaki and Jotaro now felt too soon, too raw. "I'll hide upstairs," she decided in a hushed tone. "Please, don't tell them I'm here."

Evelyn hurried upstairs to her bedroom, closing the door softly behind her. Leaning against it, she tried to steady her breathing and calm her racing heart.

Downstairs, Leilani composed herself before answering the door.

"Hello," Leilani said politely, though her concern showed in her eyes. "Can I help you?"

Noriaki and Jotaro exchanged a brief glance, their expressions guarded. "Good afternoon, we're looking for someone who we believe used to live here. Her name is Evelyn Perez. We've been searching for her for years. Is she here?" Noriaki replied, his voice steady but with an undertone of urgency.

Leilani managed to put on a show for the gentlemen before her. "I'm sorry," she began sadly, "But my daughter has been missing for 3 years."

Jotaro said, his voice deep and steady, "We've been trying to find her since she disappeared."

Aiden and Kayden stood behind their mother, their expressions mirroring her concern.

Leilani took a deep breath, steadying herself. "We haven't heard from her at all," she continued, her voice trembling slightly. "Not a single word or sign."

Noriaki's eyes softened with empathy. "We're sorry to hear that," he said gently. "But we have reason to believe she's still out there. If you hear anything, please let us know."

Leilani nodded, her gaze unwavering. "Of course," she replied. "If she ever contacts us, we'll make sure to tell her you're looking for her, Mr...?"