Ⅲ.

✧ ・゚ : * ✧ ・゚ : *

The next morning, sunlight shone through the curtains, casting a soft glow across Evelyn's room, waking the exhausted woman up. She had barely slept after the nightmare.

After a quick shower, Evelyn dressed in a light, floral-patterned dress, and put on her jewelry. She headed downstairs, where Aiden and Kayden were already in the kitchen, drinking coffee.

"Morning, Evie," Aiden greeted her, noticing the tiredness in her eyes. "Rough night?"

Evelyn forced a smile, not wanting to worry them. "Just couldn't sleep," she replied, grabbing a mug and pouring herself some coffee.

Kayden looked at her with concern but didn't press further. " 'You working at the shop today?" he asked.

Evelyn nodded. "Yeah, but only from 12."

"Perfect," Aiden said, flashing a grin. "We were thinking of heading out for breakfast. How about you join us?"

Evelyn hesitated for a moment, but the idea of spending time with her brothers sounded better than staying alone with her thoughts. "Alright, that sounds nice," she agreed, trying to sound more enthusiastic.

Kayden looked at his sister cheerfully. "Great! There's a place down the street that we've been wanting to try."

The café was just down the road, so the Perez sibling chose to walk there. The weather was sunny, and they took their sweet time strolling. They sat down outside at one of the tables and each one of them picked up a menu.

Aiden picked up the menu, glancing over it before looking at his siblings. "I think I'm going for the pancakes with a cup of tea. What about you guys?"

Evelyn scanned the menu, though she already knew what she wanted. "I'm in the mood for something sweet. The French toast sounds good," she said, setting the menu aside.

Kayden smirked as he closed his own menu. "I'll have the omelet with mushrooms and spinach with orange juice."

A waitress soon came over to take their order. After placing their orders, the siblings leaned back in their seats, though the boys were still visibly worried about Evelyn. They heard her throw up in the middle of the night, but didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

Aiden took a sip of his tea and looked at Evelyn with a hint of concern. "You sure you're okay, Evie? You look like you didn't sleep at all."

Evelyn stirred her tea, staring at the swirling patterns in the cup. "It's nothing, Aiden. Just a bad dream, that's all," she said.

Kayden, sensing her reluctance to talk about it, changed the subject. "So, any special plans for the flower shop today?"

Evelyn shook her head, grateful for the shift in conversation. "Just the usual, I think. We have a few orders that I need to work on, but nothing too crazy."

Aiden smiled. "Maybe we can drop by later and check out your work. It's been a while since we've seen the shop."

Evelyn chuckled softly. "Sure, why not? It'll be nice to have you two around."

Their food arrived shortly after, and the conversation became lighter as they dug into their breakfast.

After breakfast, Evelyn, Aiden, and Kayden decided to take a walk through Morioh, and soon agreed on sitting down on a bench in a nearby park.

The brother's noticed the silence of their younger sister, and could not help but be concerned. Something was wrong and they couldn't do anything to help it.