Ducks

I went to the mall for some new records and cleaning supplies. Maybe a few outfits if I find stuff I like.

When walking out of a store with some new records, I see a kid rollerblade down some stairs before he proceeds to knock a woman into the fountain.

After seeing that, I spot more kids rollerblading nearby. "Kids are so weird these days." I mumble to myself as I go into Target.

I wonder around trying to find the cleaning isle, when I see Banks' dad. He spots me. "Vivienne? Is that you, hun?"

"Hey, Mr. Banks." I say hello back to him. "Uh, how you been?"

Mr. Banks smiles to me. "Good, good. John is away at Princeton still." John was Adam's older brother. "Adam has been wondering about you, but how have you been?"

I quickly contemplate if I should tell him the truth. "I'm doing fine." What a lie. "My mom has been doing better and Elio is doing good in school now."

"Oh that's good to hear, especially about your mother." Mr. Banks gives a weary smile. "Oh, Penelope. It's great to hear she's improving."

I nod. "So, I'm going to go find cleaning stuff. I'll, uh, see you around?"

"Give your mother my best regards." He says before I walk away. I found some Clorox wipes, Fabuloso, and Drain-o. I pay for it and go home.

I put the supplies under my bathroom sink when Elio shouts for me. "Vivi! Someone is here for you!"

I give a face as I go downstairs and towards the door. My mom was gone and Elio was watching The Simpsons in the living room.

"Yeah?" I say as I open the door. "Oh, hi."

Fulton was standing there wearing rollerblades and protection. "Wanna see my slapshot?"

"Your what?"

"Slapshot. Look, come." He struggles down the stairs in his skates and goes to the road. I follow him down and he starts to show me his slapshot.

He shot five pucks, where he got them I didn't ask, into a laying down trashcan. He made one in, two into windows, and two more flew down the street.

"Woah." I was shocked. "You got good power in it, not so much accuracy, but nonetheless it's still good."

Fulton looks so happy. "Come to district 5's game tomorrow."

I make a face. "Why..?"

"I'm playing for them." He smiles big.

My face drops. "You're... what!?" No, no, no, no, no.

"Yea, I would like it if you're there for my first game."

I think for a second. "That'll make me miss practice..."

"Oh, I understand if you don't show." He says but I could tell he was sort of hurt. "Well, I promised Charlie I'll hang with him so I'll be going now. Bye, angry ice."

I wave him off and went back inside where Elio was laughing at the TV. "Where's mom?" He asks me before I reach the stairs. "She's been gone since you left for the mall."

"Wait, so mom left you here alone?" He nods. "She probably went to work or something, I don't know. But there's leftovers in the fridge when you get hungry."

-

Coach Reilly was pissing me off mid practice, so I walked out. I decided to go to Fulton's game.