Future

As the years go on, the Ducks have created names and futures for themselves.

Les Dave Averman went on to graduate from Northwestern with a degree in Journalism. He goes on to be a reporter, traveling the world, and he gets married to Lesia Averman (nee Monk), an Italian waitress he met. They have two girls together: Alessia and Bianca.

Russ Tyler became a talk show host, using his big mouth for entertainment. He marries Deb Tyler (nee Lee) and has no children of his own, but three step-kids.

Julie Miranda Gaffney graduates from Bentley University and goes on to play pro in the NHL. She becomes an advocate for women's rights and marries a jock named Edwin King. They have one kid together; Henry Gaffney-King.

Luis Josè Mendoza goes into modeling for Vogue and gets a history of cheating on his numerous wives. He has seven kids with five different wives and three kids with two girlfriends. Four boys, six girls.

    Connie Lilian Moreau graduates from Graduate School with a first professional degree. She becomes a school principal, then mayor, before settling in as Minnesota State Senator. She marries Guy Germaine and they have three kids: Aneli, David, and Joshua.

Fulton Jackson Reed marries rich to Savannah Cerise. He becomes a construction worker, as he's humble and modest. He has two daughters and two step-sons.

Ken Matthew Wu graduates from Minnesota State University with a bachelor's in economics. He marries Vivian Wu-Weathers before becoming a 5-time olympic gold medalist. He has two kids, Kataryna and Nokoa, from a prior relationship.

Dwayne Kyle Robertson settles on a ranch back in Austin with his wife, Francesca Robertson (nee Garcia). He becomes a professional horseman and has two sons, Tony and Mattheo.

Greg Goldberg becomes a body wrestler, finally using his weight to his advantage. He doesn't marry and doesn't have kids, but he is dating Mila Sanders.

    Adam Michael Banks was so good he got scouted right after Eden Hall and went straight to the pros. He played center for the Detroit Red Wings and is divorced from Sarah Banks (nee Daniels). He has three kids: Bryce, Anthony, and Rosalie.

Charlie John Conway also became one of the best players for the NHL, with the Minnesota North Stars. He has an off and on relationship with Kelly Owens, who he has two kids with: Jonas and Matt.

Guy Jay Germaine graduated from Princeton University and becomes an architect before being a stay at home father for his seven (three) kids. He marries Connie Moreau in junior year of her graduate school.

    Dean Matias Portman enlists in the army and dishonorably discharged. He goes into carpentry before going to jail. He has one daughter, Verity, with his ex-wife.

    Vivienne Renèe Astor graduates from UC Berkeley and gets an undergraduate degree in law before getting a master's in law school. She has three kids, Kataryna and Nokoa Wu Astor and Verity Portman Astor. She's a divorcee from Dean Portman and ex-girlfriend of Ken Wu.

-

    "Here you are." Vivienne gets out of her car and pops the trunk open. Three kids file out of the car. "Ryna, Koa, show V around the school."

    Kataryna goes to help her mom with the suitcases. "You know if we stayed in Minnesota, we wouldn't need to pack."

    Kataryna has pin straight black hair and a slightly tan complexion. Her eyes are almond shaped and slightly too small for her face. Her eye color was such a deep brown it looks black. She's more on the taller side of the scale at about 5'5-5'6

    Nokoa gets the suitcases from his sister. "Kat, Salem is better than Minneapolis."

    Nokoa looks like his sister. He has very slight waves in his black hair and a more tanner complexion. His eyes were just the right size and perfect shade of a bluey-brown. He's just over 6'1, maybe 6'2.

    "Stop arguing, you're giving me a headache." Vivienne huffs as she pulls out the last case. "Now be good and enjoy the new year with many more."

    Kataryna and Nokoa look at each other. "Mom, it's our last year. Remember?" Vivienne shakes her hand at them.

    "I think i know what grade my kids are in." She slams the trunk. "Okay, now go. Find the dorms and do whatever you do." She climbs into her car and drives off.

    The three siblings stand there with their luggage. Kataryna pulls her bags and walks inside the doors, leaving the two siblings.

    Verity look up to her older brother. "You could find the office, right? Because I could see Sierra and she's looking mighty fine." He whistles before going towards his girlfriend, leaving Verity all alone.

Verity doesn't look related to her half-siblings. She has straight brown hair and bright blue-green eyes. Her complexion is more on the lighter side and her eyes more round. Not to mention she's more on the shorter side at just 5'2-5'3.

    Lucky for her, a woman was standing with a stack of schedules. "You have a schedule under Portman or Astor?" The lady flips through her papers and passes Verity one. "Thanks."

    She pulls her bags and turns the corner... right into someone. The person drops their schedule. "Sorry." A voice says as they both go down to pick up the papers.

    "My fault..." Verity looks down at the schedule in her hand. She passes it back to the boy in front of her.

The boy has dark blue-grey eyes and an angular face shape. His eyes were slightly rounded and his hair was a dark brown parted down the middle. His complexion was similar to that of Verity. He was way taller than Verity, possibly nearing 6'0. The girl figured maybe 5'10-5'11.

"Nah, don't sweat, beautiful." He clicks his tongue. "I should've been paying attention. My name's Bryce. Bryce Banks."

Verity smiles at his outstretched hand. "Verity."

"Hmm, no last name?" Bryce shakes her hand. "Guess we'll have to give you mine, huh? Verity Banks, it has a nice ring to it."

Verity feels her cheeks heat up, but she doesn't know why. "Portman. Verity Portman."

"I like Verity Banks more, darling." He lets go of her hand. "You a freshy?" She nods. "Amazing. Hope we got classes together, baby."

He takes the schedule from her hand and compares it to his own. "Do we?"

"Honors English, AP Environmental Science, lunch, and Geometry." He reads off classes. "Oh, and ice hockey. You're too hot to be playing such a rough sport like hockey, sweetheart."

Verity grabs her schedule back. "Wait til you see me play, Banks." She smiles to herself.

"Oh, babe, i would die to see you play." He looks her up and down smoothly. "I will definitely enjoy practices."

Verity looks down at her schedule for her dorm number. "See you tomorrow, Banksie?"

"Banksie?" Bryce cocks his head to the side. "I love it. See you in class, hottie." He winks at her before Verity walks past him. "Yoo-hoo, babes! Beautiful! Darling, your luggage."

Bryce ends up carrying them to Dorm #238. Verity met her roommate, Aneli Moreau, daughter of the state senate.

She decided she was going to like it here. Bryce most definitely, with absolute certainty, thought the same.

-
-
-
-
-
-

    (should i write about verity? and would y'all be interested to read it??)

(41.4k words, 3.5hr reading time)

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 ; 𝓶𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝔂 𝓭𝓾𝓬𝓴𝓼 🎉