Street Puck

It was the next morning in Miss MacKay's class. Everyone was either falling asleep or were asleep.

    I was leaning on Adam and was trying to stay up, but to no avail. Banks was doing the same, but sitting up instead.

    Miss MacKay goes up to Luis. "Luis?" She shakes him and he starts mumbling in his sleep. "Why are you all so tired."

    "Coach blood." Everyone answers, except us who went to the carnival. "He kept us in practice all night."

    Julie yawns. "We didn't fall asleep until around one or two."

    "In the morning!?"

    Charlie nods. "Well except for Jesse, Vivienne, Portman, and Fulton." He had a tinge of jealousy in his voice. "They didn't do the practice."

    "Cry me a river, Spazway." I grumble from Banks shoulder.

    Charlie doesn't stop. "No, because why did everyone else have to do that. But not you? You think you get special privileges just because you're his daughter."

    "Believe me, Conway." I get up and look to him. "You're more like his kid than his actual ones. He sure loves you more than us."

    He rolls his eyes. "You think I'm replacing you and your brother?"

    "Oh, I don't think, i know." I narrow my eyes to him. "Who did he go to when he first came back? You. Who did he tell about being Team USA? You. Who is clearly his favorite on the team? You. Who's the one he cares about the most? You. Spazway, you might as well be his kid instead."

    Miss MacKay clears her throat. "Clearly we are all sleep deprived, so why don't you guys take the day off?"

    "Oh thank you!" Goldberg sighs and smiles. "I was starting to miss my pillow."

    I place my head back down on Banksie. "Surprised it's not food you miss." I mumble as I feel sleep start to take over.

    "Hey!"

-

    Portman made the team go and work out in the park. "We have a game tonight." He stretches. "We have to work out."

    "I say mutiny. Who's with me?" Goldberg pants.

    Dwayne raises his hand. "Goldberg, I'm too tired to mutiny."

    "Come on, guys." Julie speaks up. "It's not like we couldn't use the conditioning."

    Dean looks her up and down. "Speak for yourself, babe."

    "Her name's Julie. Not 'babe." Adam says.

    Portman pushes him back. "Don't tell me how to talk, rich boy."

    "Hey, Portman, chill!" The team starts to clatter about.

    I see the kid from our Iceland game stare at us. "Yo, Team USA, what are you going to do today? A million jumping jacks?"

    "This kid's crazier than me. Forget about him." Dean turns around to Fulton. "Look, Fulton!"

    I push him back away. "Hey, chill!" He looks down at me and his eyes were all weird looking. Like somewhere in between defeat and disbelief.

    Jesse shoves his way to the front. "Hey, man, I'm getting sick of you!"

    "I'm getting sick of seeing the USA represented by a bunch of whining babies." He walks towards us in his skates.

    I scoff and roll my eyes at him. "Too bad you can't back up that mouth."

    "Man, me and my boys will take you anytime, anywhere."