Championship

It was the day of USA vs. Iceland. We were getting ready in the lockers as Banks comes in with his bag and a smile on his face. "Coach, i woke up and the pain was gone." He rotates his wrist with his stick.

"Adam, we have a full roster." My dad breaks the bad news. The team looks around and Russ starts taking off his jersey.

Conway stops him. "He can have my spot." He offers. He walks to them. "It's what I can do for the team."

"I was going to offer, but hey, he did it first." I mumble to myself as Dwayne looks down at me. "What you look at, Clint Eastwood."

He looks back up and we tuen our attention ti the front of the room. "Charlie," my dad says his name so softly it made me roll my eyes. "Meet you on the bench. Coaching right there with me."

The team cheers for him but I cant help but feel annoyed. Why does Charlie have to be the assistant coach? Wasn't captain enough.

-

The team skates onto the ice, where Iceland already was. We do a practice lap before my dad riles us up and send us on the ice.

Averman takes the face off and loses to Stahl. Iceland takes it to our net and the same thing starts happening as the first one did.

They were bumping and checking us left and right. Iceland attempts a goal and Goldberg blocks. They didnt like that, so they hooked him before making their goal.

1:0

Goldberg tries to get a player as Kenny and Dwayne hold him back. Goldberg definitely would've got squashed like a bug.

"Line change!" Bombay yells. "Dean, Jesse, Russ, you ready?" I get up to go in too. "Not you, Viv."

I groan and sit back down. As soon as Russ gets the puck, Iceland starts cornering him and raking away his chance of shooting.

Iceland tricks Goldie; 2:0

The first period ends with Iceland up by three to nothing. The party really gets started when the Bash Bros go in, all hyped up.

The start bashing all the Icelandic players. Iceland takes the puck and takes their shot. Goldie blocks.

Kenny gets the puck and skates down the ice with Fulton. "Go Kenny!" I was yelling and smacking the border.

Kenny does a figure skating spin and distracts the players as Fulton takes the puck. He passes it back to Kenny (who was right next to the goal) and he makes it in.

I cheer with Adam in the bench. Kenny starts taunting the goalie and he fights him on the ice. Doing the technique Marcus taught him.

He gets taken away to the box for two minutes. Portman and Fulton starts yelling and skating up to it. "Yeah, Mini Bash Brother!"

They start yelling some more, riling up the crowd, and start smacking Iceland on the helmets. They join Kenny in the box and still were yelling and cheering.

-

Connie was going to get checked into the boards, but Dwayne goes to her rescue and lassoes Sanderson and got into the penalty box.

Then our break came. We go to the locker rooms and we were all groaning.

Except me. Cause my lovely father decided to leave me out of the first part of the game.

"You all enjoyed that?" My dad asks.

"No, I didn't play." I say coldly, glaring at coach.

"You will, Viv, just you wait." He continues talking. "So did they because they're still three points up and we're one period away from defeat."