Junior Goodwill Games

We were up 6-0 against Trinidad. Connie had just scored, bringing us up to 7-0. I was cheering with Jesse. "Yeah, high five some more." We look up and see a kid with a backward cap on. "Man, my little brother could score on these guys."

    "Then why don't you go bother him, then." Jesse rolls his eyes.

    The kid laughs. "I ain't even got a little brother!"

    "'Cuz your mother didn't want another mistake like yourself." I remark at the kid.

    I hear Bombay tell Jess and I to get on the ice. We switch out with Connie and Luis. Jesse gets the puck and is making his way down the ice when a Trinidad player trips him and Jesse goes flying into the net.

    "Hey, whats your problem, man?" Jesse shoves the player.

    I skate over and pull Jesse from the player. "Yo, I'll get him." He smiles at that as the ref puts him in the box.

    "USA penalty, number 9, Hall." They announce. "Two minutes, roughing."

    We do the face off with Dean and Fulton. They were shouting to each other, knocking players down, and laughing about it.

    I get the puck and pass it to Portman. He smirks at me before making the goal. We reset and the guy who knocked down Jesse got the puck.

    He skates to our net and I bump him to the ice, stealing the puck as i do so. I skate down to center ice when someone takes it from me. I watch them go back down the ice to my net and Goldberg misses the block.

    Trinidad starts celebrating their goal. "Damn, their music is good." I say to myself as I go to the box.

    "Right?" Luis agrees with me, as we sit down together.

-

    It's nearing the end of the game now and Team USA is still winning. Connie has the puck and she passes it to Kenny, who dies a wraparound and makes it in.

    We win the game 9-2. "That wasn't a game, that was a statement!" My dad yells and cheers.

    Tibbles informs us of an interview after the game and we need to wear the jumpsuits.

    "Hell to the no." I scoff after Tibbles leaves. "I ain't wearing that walking flag."

    Banks smiles. "Viv, it's for, like 20 minutes." He tries to say it won't be that bad.

    "Easy for you to say, Banksie." I look him up and down. He was already wearing the suit. "I am not wearing this."

-

    "I can't believe I'm wearing this."

    Connie chuckles as we walk to where the interview was going to take place. "It is not that bad, Vivienne."

    I huff and grumble to myself.

    "Ladies and gentlemen, Team USA hockey!" Journalists snap pictures and clap. "And the man chosen to lead them to the gold, Gordon Bombay!"

    There was a lot of clapping, and taking pictures with Hendrix's mascot. I was pushed around as the bear hip-checked me when taking photos.

    After the bear left, the journalists began to ask questions. "Team USA, how does it feel competing on the international level here in Los Angeles?"

    Charlie and Goldberg answer her with simple answers. "Coach Bombay, the Vikings from Iceland are the heavy favorite. Their coach has already guaranteed victory. How are you going to handle them?"