Sleepover

Connie was over as she wanted to be at my house. "So, when's your mom and brother coming home?" Connie was sitting on the couch and I was cleaning us some grapes.

"Dunno." I shrug. I never knew when they would be home. "What you watching?"

I walk over with our plate of grapes and take a seat next to her. "Just browsing. Oh, neat the Northstars are playing in two days."

"Cool." I eat some grapes. "So what you wanna d-" I'm cut off by the phone ringing. I give it a look before going to answer. "Astor household."

Renée, sweetheart. It was my mom on the phone.

"Yea?"

I'm not going to be home until tomorrow afternoon. Elio has soccer tryouts tomorrow instead of today so I booked a hotel for us for the night. There's leftovers in the fridge and if you don't want them, there's food in the cabinets.

I huff. "Really, ma. See you tomorrow." I hung up. I roll my eyes and go to sit back down with Connie.

"What'd your mom say?" Connie has put on the cartoon channel.

I take a grape and put it in my mouth. "She said her and my brother aren't comin' home til tomorrow afternoon." I grumble looking at Looney Tunes.

"Oh..." Connie sounded sad at the fact I was going to be on my own. "You know what, I'm going to stay over. I don't like the idea of you being here on your own." Before I could say anything, Connie goes to the phone and I assume she calls her mom.

-

It was around 6:30 now and Connie was smiling since she got off the phone. When I asked her about it she said it was nothing.

I was in the kitchen looking for stuff to cook, as I didn't want the leftovers my mom left me, when the door knocked.

"I'll get it!" Connie skips to the door and opens it. "Right on time, come in!" I hear a lot of shuffling feet enter my home.

I turn my head and see all the Ducks, -Banks, Terry, Karp, Tommy, and Peter. "Connie, what the hell is this."

Jesse turns around. He had a sleeping bag slung over his shoulder. "Cake-eater, what are y-"

"Angry ice." Fulton corrected him.

Jesse gives a face. "Whatever. Connie, what is she doing here?"

"Could ask you the same question." I cross my arms. "As this is my house you know."

Connie awkwardly laughs, causing everyone to look at her. "Well, I gathered us all here as a bonding experience. Us Ducks need to accept the new players."

"Con, if you haven't noticed," Guy speaks up. "We're not all here. Peter's and Karp's dad said no. Banks ain't here, Tommy and Terry aren't either."

Connie looks at him. "It could still be a bonding experience. So, we're all staying the night!"

I yank Connie to the kitchen. "They are not staying here."

"Yes. They need to accept you." Me and her argue for a minute and I just gave up. I would've said hell no get out to them all but I was trying to make some new friends.

I glance at the Ducks in my foyer. "Fine." I grumble and Connie goes to tell them. I continue my search for food as I hear the team start settling themselves down in the living room. All but Jesse, Fulton, and Charlie that is.

Charlie comes into the kitchen, with Fulton behind him. "I never actually got to introduce myself to you." Charlie smiles. "I'm Charlie Conway, but everyone calls Spazway." He put out his hand for me to shake.