Team USA

The team was split in half by blue and red. And we were tied together by a rope. "This is more crowded than a truckload of goats." Dwayne comments.

"Somebody better watch their hands." Julie grumbles. I silently agree with her as earlier somebody grabbed my waist.

A stench came over us. "Goldberg!" We all shout.

"It wasn't me." Goldberg defends himself.

"No, it was me!" Portman happily lifts his arm up. The team starts to groan and move around.

Bombay blows his whistle. "You are a team." He walks around us. "And to win this thing, you have to work as one. Now as one, skate."

Everyone goes their own way and we tumble to the ice.

"Everyone goes their own way, everyone falls down. Now get up and try again." Bombay instructs us.

We struggle to get up. Averman, Jesse, and I struggled the worst for being in the middle.

Once we got up, Portman takes charge. "All right, all of you move right. Now."

"Who made you boss?" Fulton argues. "Everyone to their left." The group was split half-and-half and we fell again.

This time the rope came undone and some flew to the sides. "You can argue all you want, but I am not untying you until you move as one."

I decided to be a smartass. "We're already untied, genius." I pick up the loose rope and wave it about.

He gives me a sarcastic smile. "You know what I mean, Vivs." He tied us back up and we eventually got the hang of skating together.

After the skating, Bombay had us sit on the ice. I rest my head down on Connie's shoulder.

My dad was circling us, holding what looks like a lasso. "You worked hard today." He stops walking. "But hockey should also be fun. Rancher Dwayne."

"Yes, sir!"

Bombay gives a sly smirk. "Round me up some stray cattle there."

Dwayne looks at us and smiles proudly. "My pleasure!" We all scatter away from him. He got me and Guy out at the same time.

"We were close." Guy shrugs and we go sit down on the bench.

After Dwayne caught everyone, he taught us how to two-step. Kenny and Goldie were really getting into it. Bombay joined in at the end and he looked like a duck dancing.

It was a sight I wish I never saw.

-

We were sitting around a big box of Wheaties with our team covered on it. I think it's tacky. The rest of the team didn't think so, they were gasping and awe-ing at the box. Well, everyone except Charlie.

He was sitting in the corner just looking about.

"Today, it's a Wheaties box." Tibbles was talking and talking. "Tomorrow, it's video games, action figures, lunch boxes. The-"

I cut him off. "Let me guess, the sky's the limit?" He snaps his fingers and smiles at my answer.

"Exactly!" He claps his hands together. "Now, just to make sure that everybody knows who you are, try on one of these." He lifts a red, white, and blue jersey.

Most of the team start saying how cool the jersey was. "So we play as a walking American flag." I comment and everyone looks at me. "Nice." I roll my eyes.