Protection

Chapter 5

Bruno walked over to Nathaniel. "Hey man, what the hell is your problem! You don't hit on a female!" Bruno said. Nathan dropped my arm, and I held it as it throbbed. "Mind your own business man!" Nathan said. "No this is my business now! Leave her alone, and just get out of here!" Bruno raised his voice. Nathan walked up to Bruno, and Nathan's height made Bruno look like a runt. Bruno looked up at Nathan. "You really believe that being bigger than me is gonna to intimidate me?" Bruno said.

They began to stare at each other deep into the eyes. Bruno began to clench his fist, but he knew he could not swing first, unless he felt threatned. "Nathan!" I breathed heavily. "Just go!" I wiped my face. Bruno looked at me as if I were another person. Nathaniel looked at Bruno, then looked at me. "If you don't come home tonight, you will regret it!" He said to me. Nathaniel walked out of the studio, and sped off into the darkness.

I took my shoes off, and fell to the ground and cried. Bruno was still here by my side. He kneeled down to me. "He gave you that swollen lip. Didn't he?" Bruno asked. I removed my hands from my face, and looked up at him. "Yes" I said quietly. "Let me help you up." Bruno stood on his feet, and helped me stand up. "Okay. Um where is the staff room?" Bruno asked. "I-In the back." "Okay, we have to clean you up." We both walked to the staff room, and I sat on the chair, and Bruno sat in front of me.

"So are you married to that guy?" Bruno asked. I put my hand up, and showed him my ring. "How long has he been abusing you?" "Since yesterday." I felt embarrassed, weak, and stupid. "I hope you plan on leaving him, because a woman like you, doesn't deserve to be hurt." My heart went from cold to warm. "I guess." I said. "Please, for the love of God, don't tell me you're not going back to your house with him in it." Bruno said to me. "I have no where else to go. It's fourth of July weekend, and all of the hotels AND motels are booked. I have no where else to go but home." I said to him. I let a tear fall from my eyes, and my heart was feeling cold again.

Bruno thought to himself for a minute. "This may sound surreal, but you can come to my house for right now." Di-did he just really make that suggestion? He can't be serious. "Bruno, I think you are a nice person and very caring, but we don't know each other that well." I said to him. "Would you rather stay with someone that hits on you? Or someone that just protected you ten minutes ago. In my opinion, I would be with the person that just protected me." Bruno said. "But what about the media, they are going to make up things about us. What if they see us together. I don't want my face on television." I said. "I am a very private person. Besides when I go around town, there is not a sea of paparazzi tripping to take a picture of me." I thought about it for a moment. "I don't think your girlfriend would appreciate you bringing another woman in your home." Bruno chuckled. "I don't think my imaginary girlfriend will get jealous." I twisted my lip and looked at him. I slightly smiled although it hurt. "Okay. I'll go with you."

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT. THANK YOU!