Unexpected

"Bruno, they're not coming, I'm not due for another two months." I said. "Yeah, but you're in pain." Bruno put the car in reverse and sped off.

We were about twenty five minutes from the nearest hospital. When we were on the freeway, and the pains switched from my stomach to my abdomen constantly, and it was not getting any better. I whined constantly, just hoping this pain will go away.

When we finally made it to the hospital, Bruno took me to the Emergency Room. "Yes sir? How may I help you?" The woman at the desk asked. "Yes, my girlfriend is having pains in her stomach and abdomen, she's pregnant, and we don't know what's going on." Bruno said trying to stay calm, but you can hear the panic in his voice. "Okay sir, give me a moment."

The woman picked up the phone, and she called a doctor to the front desk. About two minutes later, a doctor came out and assisted me. I was changed into a hospital gown, and I was sent to a room to lay in a bed.

"Bruno, I'm scared." I said, holding his hand. "You'll be okay." Bruno said kissing the back of my hand. The doctor then came into the room, and knowing I am pregnant, he brought the scanner to see if the babies were being affected.

"Oh my!" The doctor said. "What? What's the problem?" Bruno rushed into questions. "The baby, it dropped, meaning that you're in labor. Those pains you are having, those are contractions." The doctor said. "But I'm two months early." I said. "Looking at the scanner, you are about due, the baby does not seem to have any partial limbs. But we have to deliver the baby soon, whether if it's premature or not, it will die if we do not get it out soon." The doctor said. "Okay, but please, make this pain stop." I cried.

"In order to have this pain to be controlled is getting an epidural. This will drown the pain during your delivery." My doctor said. "Okay! Anything to make it stop." I cried.

After taking the epidural, I was wheeled to the delivery room, and Bruno came in with me. The room became hot, and I sweated profusely. The doctor said that I was already crowning. This medication is working well.

"Babe! You're almost done!" Bruno cheered. I pushed one more time, and the first baby was born. "Who is it? PJ or Journee?" I asked. "My sweet baby boy is here. Oh he is so handsome." Bruno said. The nurse put PJ into the incubator, and now we waited for Journee.

About an hour and a half later, I felt contractions again. The doctor injected me with more medication. "My princess is coming!" Bruno shouted. I was now crowning, as I was told, and I was just so excited to see her. Bruno cheered, and I knew she was here. I saw Bruno shed a tear. "Congratulations!" My doctor said. I smiled and was filled with joy. Bruno was crying. "Bruno, why are you crying?" I asked. "I never thought that having a baby with you, would change my life in such a good way. Knowing that I have them, I have you, for the rest of my life."