Death At Hands

Chapter 26

"Bruno! I'm heading out!" I shouted by putting my hand on the front door knob. "YES! THANK GOD!.....okay! Bye!" Bruno said in the other room. "Is everything okay?" I shouted. Bruno ran from the back of the house, to the front of the house and hugged me tightly.

"Babe! Be careful! Remember? I'm with child!" I joked. "Babe, you're not going to believe this!" Bruno said out of breath. "Okay? What is it?" "My tour manager called, and I told him that leaving in five weeks was not going to work, because you, my girlfriend are pregnant." Bruno continued to pant. "Okay? So what is the good news Bruno?" I became impatient. "He's going to push back the tour dates! So I can be here throughout the whole pregnancy!"

I nearly cried with joy, because I thought I was going to experience this wonderful moment alone. "Oh my God! This is extraordinary!" I kissed and hugged him. "Now we have much more time together." Bruno said grabbing my hand. "Well not right now, I want to go see my dad. Maybe I can learn more about him, and maybe where I really come from." I said to Bruno.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Bruno asked. Although I always want him to be there to comfort me, I may have to do this alone. "Not this time, I really want to have that father, daughter bond. I want our relationship to grow." I said to Bruno. "I completely understand." Bruno said. He kissed me on my cheek. "Just be safe. I love you." "I love you too." I smiled, and walked out the door.

The traffic was crazy out here, and it was making me quite nervous. I decided to take the streets to the jail, instead of the freeway. I stopped at the stop light, and traffic was slightly heavy, but not too bad.

While singing my favorite songs that played on the radio, a car swerved into me, crashing into the left side of my car. I lost control of the car, and I was desperately trying not to cause the car to flip. I skated across two lanes and I slammed into the guard rail.

I don't know how long I was sitting in the car after I hit the rail, because I became unconscious. It was difficult to open my eyes as they were extremely heavy, and my hearing was muffled. I don't know if I was dying, or if my baby was dying. I do remember becoming conscious when I felt the warmth of blood running down my head, and dripping into my chest and legs. After that I became unconscious again, and all I saw was black.