The Man I Never Knew

Chapter 22

"Nathaniel!" I cried. I put the phone on the hook, and smacked the window. I buried my face in my hands. "What did he say Crystal?" "He knows my dad. I have to see him." I stood up and went up to the officer. "Who is Nathaniel Quinn's roommate?" I asked wiping my eyes. "Alexander Rosales" "Is that your maiden name Crystal?" Bruno asked me. I nodded my head. "Yes" I looked at the officer. "I want to speak with Alexander Rosales." "Okay, go back to line eight." The officer told me. I walked back to the seat and waited for this man to come.

I was nervous, but quite curious to see who my father is. A tanned skin man walked by and sat down across from me. I looked at him, and he was quite intimidating. His jumpsuit was buttoned down low to the point I can see a little piece of a tattoo on his chest. He had a beard and he appeared as though he has not slept in days. "Who are you?" Alexander asked. "I am Crystal Rosales-Quinn" I said softly. I have to work my way into the question "Are you my father?" If he has no idea who I am. "Do you know a woman named Christiana Perez?" I asked Alexander. "Yes. That is my ex-wife. How do you know her?" Alexander's eyebrows curled. "That's my mother." I let a tear run down my face. "I know who you are now. I've been waiting for you." Alexander shed a tear.

"Oh you have grown up to be a beautiful young lady. I'm sorry." Alexander began crying. "I'm sorry I was not there." "Why? Why are you in here? How much longer do you have in here?" I asked. "I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I did nothing wrong, but being stupid and with the wrong people. Uh I have about two more months, and I have a court date." "Why did you abandon me?" Alexander began to chuckle. "I abandoned you? Or is that what your mother told you. Your mother divorced me, and ran off when she was pregnant with you. I wanted to see you, but there was no contact. I never stopped looking until I got here."

This is all coming together. "How did you know I was in here?" My father asked. "Nathaniel Quinn is my soon to be ex-husband." Alexander began to tense up. "Why are you divorcing him?" I looked down, and then looked back at him. "He hit me." My father's hand balled up as if he wanted to hit someone. "Dont hurt him, you will ruin your chances of getting out of here." Alexander nodded his head and then looked at Bruno. "And who is he?" I turned back at Bruno and I grabbed his hand. "This man has saved me from Nathan, and he is the father of my baby." I began to rub my stomach. "Oh baby girl! I'm going to be a grandpa!" He began to cry with joy.

"Well the phone call session is over." Alex said to me. "Okay. Good bye Alexander." "Baby girl, I am your father. Call me dad." "Okay...dad." He put his hand upon the glass, and I did the same. We put the phone on the hook in unison, and the officer led him away in handcuffs.

I stood up and hugged Bruno. "Maybe seeing the enemy leads you to see someone even better." Bruno said. "Twenty-seven years, and that is the first time I have met him. I will keep in contact, and I will get a DNA test." I said to Bruno. "What ever you do, I will support you in every way." "Well I guess it's time to go home." Bruno and I began to walk towards the exit. "With me right?" Bruno asked. "Are you asking me to move back in with you?" Bruno raised one eyebrow and smiled at me. "I want to wake up looking at you every morning." I kissed his sweet, soft, and warm lips. "If that's what makes you happy babe." "It would make me buoyant"

----------------
I do apologize to the readers of this story for not updating daily. Due to projects for school, I have become extremely busy. Thank you for understanding, and the daily posts will continue. Thank you and enjoy
-Hooligan_girl99