Physical Therapy

Chapter 28

It's been seven long weeks now since the accident. I have not left this bed since, and I am sick of it here. I am six months pregnant now, and I can tell the baby doesnt like it here either. The food is nasty, I want to feel the fresh, crisp air from outside, and most of all, I want to feel the embrace from Bruno.

Today I begin physical therapy. The doctor told me I cracked a piece of my shin bone, and when they placed the bone back in position, it began to heal and reform it's shape. Now I don't know what it will feel like when I stand.

The physical therapist came in and introduced himself. "Hello, I am doctor Jackson, and I will be conducting the physical therapy today." He said to Bruno and I. Bruno shook his hand, and so did I. Doctor Jackson put the rails down, and brought my fractured leg off of the bed, followed by the left leg. He held my hands, and Bruno watched carefully. "Do not hop off of the bed. Please slide your left foot down, until you can touch the ground." Jackson said. I did as he said, and now it was time for the right leg.

"Now, even your weight. Balance yourself." I did as Doctor Jackson said. "Fuck!" I cursed. "Crystal! Watch your mouth." Bruno snapped. "Break your fucking shin, and try this. It hurts." I began to cry from frustration and pain. "You're doing great Crystal." Jackson said. I walked from my bed to the wall, which was like two and a half steps.

"Ahh." I whined. "I want to sit down." I said to the doctor. "Okay, let's walk back to your bed." He said. Two and a half steps later, I felt like I wanted to die. This pain was intolerant, and I don't want to feel that kind of pain ever again.

Bruno helped the doctor put me back in my bed. I was sweating tremendously, and I felt like a fat, sweaty pig. I hate being in this position, and being here. I just want to go home.

Once I laid in the bed, I held my stomach. "Are you pregnant?" Doctor Jackson asked. "Yes I am. Six months." I said with a smile and rubbing my stomach. "Do you know what the sex of the baby is?" I looked at Bruno then at doctor Jackson. "No, we don't know the sex of the baby." "Would you like to know now? I can give you a quick scan." I smiled widely and looked at Bruno. Bruno wanted to know just as much as me. "Yes we would like to know doc!"