🌺CHAPTER-16

WORDS: 4400+
***************
Salar was sitting at home for a few days but then stubbornly started going to college. Hashim Mubeen and his family were united in search of Imama. Although he was doing all this in great secrecy, Sikander was getting to know about his efforts through his employees and the police. He was also contacting every friend of Imama's that he knew in Lahore.

One day Salar saw a sketch of a man named Babar Javed in the newspaper. A reward was announced for information about it. He was well aware of that name. This was the fictitious name given by Hasan to the lawyer of Imama's husband and the ad was definitely from Imama's family although the phone number given below was not from Imama's house, he could have guessed that the police were looking for the lawyer. Must have reached and after that the lawyer must have told them the details of this man. Now only the lawyer, Hasan and himself knew this fact that Babar Javed did not exist at all, but he was satisfied. He had managed to distract Hashim Mubeen's family to some extent.

During this entire period, Salar was waiting for Imama's call. He also called Imama on her mobile several times, but her mobile was switched off. He was wondering where she was. Hasan also had a hand in fueling this curiosity, who repeatedly asked him about Imama, sometimes he would get irritated.

"How do I know where she is and why she is not contacting me? Sometimes I think you are more interested than me."

He had no idea at all that Hasan's curiosity and interest was due to some compulsion. He was badly trapped. Salar believed that Imama must have gone to Jalal by now and may have married her even though he had lied to Imama about Jalal's marriage, but he was sure that Imama would not have believed him. She must have gone to him again. The autocrat also wanted him to contact Jalal himself or to personally go and meet him once. He wanted to know whether Imama was living with him or not, but both of these things were impossible for him at present. Sikandar Usman was constantly monitoring him and he was also aware that he was not the only one being monitored. Hashim Mubeen Ahmad was also doing the same thing and if he had intended to go to Lahore, first of all Sikandar Usman would not have allowed him to go and even if he had allowed him to go, he might have accompanied him and he did not want that. With the passage of time, his interest in the whole matter was becoming less and less. It all seemed foolish to him now. Such stupidity was costing him dearly. Sikandar and Tayyaba now stayed at home all the time and he had to get formal permission to go anywhere. Hasan started meeting him less and less now. He didn't even know why. He was getting very bored with this situation.
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

He was sitting on the computer that night when he received a call on his mobile. He carelessly picked up the mobile while running his hand on the keyboard and then he got a shock. The number on the screen was his own mobile number. Imama was calling him.

"So finally you remembered." He whistled. His mood was instantly refreshed. The boredom of a while ago had completely disappeared.

"I understood that now you will never call me. You took so long." He asked after the formal talk.

"I wanted to call you for a long time, but I couldn't." On the other hand, Imama said.

"Why, what kind of compulsion has come. The phone was with you." Salar said.

"It was just a compulsion." She realized briefly.

"Where are you now?" Salar asked in a somewhat curious manner.

"Don't ask childish questions, salar!  When you know that I will not tell you this, then why are you asking this?"

"How are my family?" Salar was somewhat surprised. He did not expect this question from Imama.