🌺CHAPTER-26

WORDS: 4200+
***************
He had come to Pakistan in connection with a regional conference organized by the United Nations these days. He was staying at the Pearl Continental. He had to give some lectures at a business management institute there and also settle some matters related to his school with Furqan.

It was the third day of his stay in Lahore. He had a quick dinner and after that he came out of the hotel on some urgent errand. It was half past seven in the evening. While going to the mall road, suddenly the tire of his car got punctured. The driver got out of the car and started looking at the tire. After a few minutes he came to Salar's window and said.
"Sir! There is no second tire in the car. I will get you a taxi, you go in it." Salar stopped him with a gesture of his hand.

"No, I hail the taxi myself." He got off while saying. Some taxis were seen in a parking lot some distance away. Salar was heading in that direction when a car suddenly came to him and braked. The car came from the front and when it stopped, Salar while walking on the sidewalk, he recognized the person sitting in it at a glance.

He was Akif. He was now getting out of the driving seat of the car. He was one of the protagonists of its activities in Lahore some years ago. Akif and Akmal. He used to spend most of his time with both of them and Salar was meeting him again after many years. He had left them all. Even when he came to Pakistan or Lahore, he never tried to contact them. These people had repeatedly tried to contact him over the years, but despite their efforts, Salar had been successful in avoiding them.

And now, after so many years, he suddenly appeared before him like this. Salar's nerves were on edge. Akif moved towards him in great excitement.

"Salar! I can't believe it's you....... Where have you been missing for so many years? You disappeared like a horn from a donkey's head. Where were you, man! And what are you doing here now? Dress has completely changed, where did that hair go, when did you come to Lahore, why didn't you inform about your arrival?"

He fired a barrage of questions one after the other. He had not considered the coldness reflected in Salar's manner. Akif asked again before Salar could answer.

"What are you doing here at the mall?"

"The car broke down, I was heading for a taxi." Salar said.

"Where are you going, I drop." Akif said frankly.

"No, I'm leaving. The taxi is just around the corner." Salar said quickly.

Akif listened to him and ignore.

"Let's sit inside." He grabbed his arm and pulled. Salar staggered towards his car. His mood was getting very bad.

"You had gone to read the status and then I came to know that you have taken a job there, then suddenly how come Pakistan?" Akif asked while starting the car. "Have you come for vacation?"

"Yes!" Salar said briefly, he could get away with it.

"What are you doing, nowadays?" Akif asked while driving.

"I am working in a United Nations agency."

"Where are you staying here in Lahore?"

"In PC."

"Hey why are you staying at PC, come to me or call me. When did you come here?" Akif said.

"Tomorrow."

"Only then you will stay with me, in my house. No need to stay in a hotel."

"No, I am going back to Islamabad tomorrow morning." Salar lied fluently. He wanted to get rid of Akif at any cost. He was confused by it or maybe it was his past with him that was causing him pain.