🌺CHAPTER-27

WORDS: 5000+
***************
The stairs were still dark, but this time the state of mind he was in needed no walls, no support, no light. He ran blindly down the dark stairs and fell badly. If the stairs were straight, he would have fallen straight down, but the roundness of the stairs saved him. He rose again in the darkness. Unheeded by the swelling in his knees and ankles, he tried to run down the stairs again. After descending a few stairs, a jump made him fall again. This time his head also hit the wall. He was lucky he didn't break a bone. Perhaps after falling down the stairs, he landed on the lower stairs. The street light was visible in front. He came out of the stairs but could not go further. He walked a few steps ahead and sat on a platform outside this house. He was feeling nauseous. While holding his head, he was crying helplessly, he was sitting his forehead was down and crying like this. The scene was not new to people passing by in the street. This is what many alcoholics and drug addicts used to do here after an overdose. It was only Salar's dress that made him look decent and his tears and wails. It was probably the result of a prostitute's infidelity. No one cares about prostitutes. Passers-by looked at him with sarcastic smiles. No one came to him. It was not customary to know the situation in this market.

Akif had not come down. If he came, he would probably stop at Salar. Imama Hashim was not there. Sanobar was not Imama Hashim. What a great burden was lifted from his shoulders. From what agony was he saved. By hurting him, he was not informed. It was introduced to awareness only by experiencing pain. Not seeing her there, he had reached this state. What would happen to him if he saw her there. He was afraid of Allah. No matter how powerful he was, what could he not do. How kind he was. What did not do. He liked to keep people human. Sometimes with anger, sometimes with kindness. He kept them within his circle.

He never regretted this dark chapter of his life as much as he hated it at that time.......

"Why? Why.......? Why did I come here.......? Why did I buy these women.......? Why didn't I feel guilty.......?" He was sitting on the platform holding his head with both hands and crying.

"And now....... Now that I have left all this....... why now....... This pain....... This is bothering me....... I know....... I know I have to be responsible for my every action but this account here....... Don't take it like this....... Never throw the woman I love into the red light area." He stopped crying, revealing what was happening where.

"Love?" He muttered in disbelief as he looked at the people passing by on the street.

"Do I....... I love her.......?" A wave ran from his head to his feet.

"Is this pain happening only because I......." Shadows were cast on his face. "Isn't that my regret. Is there something else.......?" He felt he would never get up from there.

"So it is love, not regret, that I am running after." He felt his body was made of sand. "Imama is not hanging, it is a disease." Tears were still streaming down his cheeks.

"And I trembled in my feet as I rose in search of this woman in this red light area, because I had placed her somewhere deep within my heart. Where even I could not feel her. Checkmate."

The man with 150 plus IQ level was dropped face down on the ground. He was crying bitterly again. What a wound that was sitting there turning green. What was the pain that was not allowing to breathe? Where the mirror had exposed him. What did he remember? What was taken? He got up and started walking from there. Similarly crying. He had no self control. He didn't even care about the looks of passers-by. He had never felt so disgusted with his existence in his life as he did now. That red light area was the darkest chapter of his life. Such a dark chapter that he could not scratch and separate from his life. He was once again a stranger in his life. The nights he had spent there many years ago were now haunting him like bells and he couldn't escape them and burst into tears. And he was not able to get away from them and now the fear that took him in its enclosure.......