First Day (BTH)

***

It has been a long time since this series has been updated, huh? Well, here is its grand comeback! It is nothing fancy for now, simply Hacker trying to get used to not getting treated like garbage anymore.

Enjoy your reading!

***

Warnings: Blood, mentioned violence, implied torture, and abuse of power

Synopsis: "Hacker?" Said man jolted at being called, jumping to his feet, grabbing a pen that was lying around on the coffee table across from him. He stumbled backward as he did, only barely avoiding a humiliating fall by grabbing last minute to the couch's armrest.

He pointed the pen in the direction where he heard the voice call him.

"Who the hell are you and what do you want from me?!" He yelled, trembling a bit as he realized just how ridiculous he must look.

***

"(...) After a careful consideration of the facts, the court pronounces Theodor 'Hacker' Bradford guilty of the murder of Sinna West." The signature bang of the judge's hammer against the wood put an end to the trial, the sound resonating in Hacker's head as a few officers in white grabbed him by his arms, urging him to stand up.

Whispers broke out in the room, judgmental gazes and pointed fingers following Hacker's every move.

Hacker kept quiet, knowing that no matter what he said, for these people he will always be guilty of this heinous crime that he did not even commit. When he was first given the verdict date, he intuitively knew he would be wrongly accused.

May 10th, his birthday.

Nothing good ever happens to him during his birthday and this day was no exception.

Really, his birthday was never supposed to be celebrated, instead, it was supposed to be dreaded and feared. But that day, when he was taken away by those officers in white, he had not yet realized just how bad this event was.

The first time they got their hands on him, dragged to an empty room, he was confused. Even if the guards were never fond of him (they thought he talked too much), they never acted out of line with him. If he did not do anything to be punished, they would not punish him.

He has lived with sadists and vile people all his life.

Whether it be his parents, his teacher, his exes or even his time in the mafia, Hacker liked to think he had a good grasp of recognizing one of said people.

That day, those in white were clearly of that type.

He had tried to speak to them. With that type of person, the worst thing that could happen would be if they were of much higher status than you. Of course, that was the case here. He knew that there was no getting out of whatever they were planning to do to him but he could have at least tried to calm them down so they would go easier on him.

They did not.

He screamed, but no one seemed to have heard.

Or was it perhaps that no one cared? It would not have been the first time.

If he spoke up about it, who is going to intervene anyway?

He was a criminal, for them, he would always be in the wrong no matter what he did.

... How was that fair?

Why did they get to beat him up without consequences and he could not even say anything without fearing to be put on death row?