𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

"Tai, everyone thinks this is a bad idea," Van begins.
"Well, we have to do something. We're starving. There's nothing to hunt,"
"The animals might be migrating," Misty says.
"That's probably why the only game we've had in weeks was the one sick deer. And it's just gonna keep getting colder, and not "I better put on a coat" cold. We're talking "dying feels like falling asleep" cold."
"What do you think Lottie?" Laura Lee asks, everyone turning their attention to the girl.
"I don't know"

"Look guys, anyone who wants to come with me is welcome, but I'm going"
"You're going to want to take stuff with you, right? Like food and supplies? That's not up to you." Akilah brings up.
"So what?" Veronica looks at Akilah, "You want to just send her out there with nothing? That's a fucking death wish,"

"This is insane" Van intervenes. "We don't know where we are, just that we're surrounded by big-ass mountains. What are you now, Edmund fucking Hillary?"
"Who?"
"Like I said, we're not on a island. If we go south, we've got to run into something eventually. A road, a town, anything"
Natalie shakes her head.

"No, you can't taking the rifle. I'm all for what you're trying to do, Tai, but the gun has to stay."
Taissa nods, "Okay. Fine. I could bring some of the stuff we don't use every day. One of the axes, the compass..."
"There's a flare gun in the dead guys plane." Veronica states, Van gives her a look that is mixed with shock and betrayal.
"Don't tell me, you of all people, are on board with this," she begins, "Veronica, you're the level headed, logical one of the group!"

"Once is why I think it's not a horrible idea!" she is quick to defend her best friend. "Taissa has a point! We can't put all our eggs in one basket that we'll be able to survive the winter and shit here! It's worth giving it a shot and trying to look for something!"
"Ronnie is right," Jackie looks at the group, "If she's willing to go then..."
"What if you're wrong?" Laura Lee questions, "What if there's just nothing?"
"I don't know," Taissa has a straight face.
"You do know," Lottie looks up.
Taissa's face falters, "Yeah. If I'm wrong, I'll die out there." Everyone looks around, Taissa's words hanging thickly in the air.
"I leave in an hour."

~~~

Veronica began packing one of her bags in one of the bedroom's, planning on going with Taissa.
She needed to have her best friend's back. Even if it could be a suicide mission.
"So,"
Veronica looked over, seeing Natalie staring at her, leaning on the door frame, soon walking into the room, shutting the door behind her.
"So?"
"You're going with them?"
Veronica nodded, "Yeah, I think Taissa needs someone to help keep her from going crazy if Van's not going,"
Natalie sat on the bed, looking at Veronica's stuff, grabbing on of her perfume's, smelling it.
"What is this? You don't usually wear this,"
Veronica glanced over, "Oh, my mom gave that to me. I think she swiped it from my grandmother's house,"
Natalie smiles, "Ah, it does give off sexy grandma,"
Veronica just playfully rolls her eyes. "Well, I should probably-"

"Ronnie don't"
Veronica pauses, looking at her girlfriend, Natalie's eyes were pleading at her.
"Nat-"
"Look ,I know this makes me a selfish asshole but I don't want you to go, okay? I mean, I-I'm sure they'll be fine, but I just, I can't... I think that I might..."
Veronica stares at Natalie, her heart feeling a sharp tug as she sees her eyes welling up with tears, a stray one running down her cheek.
Her and Natalie's hazel and brown eyes lock, Natalie has to look away so she doesn't get lost in her girlfriend's doe eyes. "I just, I want you to stay. Please, don't leave me, Veronica,"

Veronica looks at her, a small smile appears on her lips as she nods.
"Yeah. I'll stay, Nat. I won't leave you,"
Natalie smile, pulling Veronica in for a kiss, Veronica kisses her back, smiling into it.
Natalie pulls her on the bed, both the girls giggling as they hit the mattress.
Veronica wraps her arms around Natalie's neck, the two laying beside each other.
Veronica leans in, connecting their lips.