𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

Veronica sat alone in her car, she had another bad fight with Danny, one that Taissa had witnessed.
Veronica had taken the lighter out of her car, her chest heaved as she had rolled up her skirt, pressing the lighter against her milky thighs. 
A strangled cry escapes her lips, she jumps when there is a knocking on her window. 
In a panic, she crosses her legs, letting the lighter roll to the ground of her car. 
The passenger car door swung open, Taissa practically flings herself inside. 
"What the fuck were you doing?" Taissa's voice is frantic, having clearly seen what she was doing. 
"Veronica?" 
Veronica shakes her head, "Nothing, I'm fine," 
"Don't fucking lie to me," 
"I'm not!" 
"Yes you are!" Taissa picks up the lighter that rolled at her feet, "Vee," 
"Don't," tears well in her eyes, she rests her head on the steering wheel. 
Taissa's eyes fill with concern, "What were you-" 
"What do you fucking think Taissa?" Veronica snaps, glaring daggers at her. 
"You have a giant ass brain, use it!" 
"Veronica-" 
"I was fucking burning myself Tai" she snaps, a bitter laugh escapes her throat. "I was fucking burning myself," 
Taissa's eyes fill with tears, "Why? Why would you do this to yourself?"
"Because I'm sick of everyone saying I have no emotions and I'm a machine who doesn't feel anything. Maybe I just wanted to prove everyone wrong, because I do feel things Tai. I do!" 
"I know you do," Taissa whispers , rubbing her back. "You're not a machine," 
Veronica can't help the sob that escapes, mainly out of embarrassment. 
Taissa pulled Veronica in tightly, soothing her as she cried.
"I'm so sorry," Veronica cried.
"Don't apologize, Vee," she rocks her "Don't apologize," 

Veronica lays awake, she numbly stares ahead of her. 
Her brain wouldn't shut up. 
It wouldn't. 
All of her worst memories were on constant replay like the worlds most depressing home video. 
She couldn't sleep, she just stared numbly ahead of her, allowing all the memories to continue to swirl her mind. 

~~~

Veronica's head spun as she leaned against Natalie, the blonde holding her tightly by the fire. Veronica had felt like she was slowly losing her mind.
Her head pounded.
She was hungry.
She was sad.
And she was fucking angry.
She also felt like their chance of surviving was slipping from their grasp.
Natalie gently kisses Veronica's temple, playing with her hair. 

"Lottie, what is it?" Taissa asks, Veronica glances over.
"The snow," Lottie says, "It finally stopped,"
Veronica and Natalie sit up, looking at the profit.
"It's moving!" Travis pulls on the door, some of the girls helping him pull it open.
An abrupt of cheers echo through the cabin as the door opens, a pile of white snow falling into the cabin.
"Shit," Natalie mumbles.
They all began grabbing bowls and buckets, grabbing the snow from outside. 

~~~

Veronica walks with Natalie, buckets in their hand as their collecting snow. 
Natalie watches as Veronica plops to the ground, sighing.  Natalie joins her, sitting beside her. 
"Ronnie, what's going through that pretty little head of yours?" 
"Nothing," she mumbles. 
Natalie furrows her brows, "Nothing?" 
"Nothing good," Veronica corrects. 
"I'm worried about you," Natalie admits, "You've barley spoken, since that night anyway," 
Veronica thinks for a minute, "I think I'm losing my mind," 

Natalie's eyes soften, "What do you mean?" 
"I think that my mind is about ready to check off and I'm going to join Lottie in the looney bin," 
"Hey, don't say that,"
Veronica gives a small laugh, running her gloved hands through her hair, "I can't stop thinking. My brain won't shut up," 
"Maybe all your emotions are just hitting you at once?" 
"No." she states, "I don't feel anything anymore. That is the problem," 
"Ronnie, I'm sure that's not true,"
She shakes her head, "I can't sleep, I-" she sniffles, "I'm fucking losing it Natalie. I'm" 
Natalie pulls Veronica in tightly, kissing her head. 

"I'm so sick of feeling numb. I just want to feel something. To feel anything," 
Natalie takes a shaky breath, "You aren't gonna-" 
"No. No I won't," she bites her lip, "I don't even feel that anymore," 
Natalie shudders, holding Veronica tightly. 
"I love you, I love you so much, Ronnie," 
"I love you too, Nat." she faces the girl, grabbing her cheeks. "I love you, I think that might be the only thing I can still feel," 
Natalie smiles faintly, joining the two's lips together. 

~~~

Veronica leaned against the wall, Misty had called a meeting.
"Look, I know we're all still very sad about the baby. It was a... a terrible, extremely sad, and-and tragic thing, but... we can't let it cloud our minds. The snow has stopped, and we need to go out there and we need to look for Crystal... because she could still be out there. Alive,"
"Misty's right," Coach turns around. "If Javi could survive a few months out there, then maybe Crystal could make it a few days,"
"But, what if the wilderness like, took her?" Melissa asks. "What if it took the baby too?"
"Then maybe it'll give us something back?" Gen adds.
"What?" Taissa asks.
"Like it made the blizzard stop," Akilah adds.
"That's the trade? Two people dead for a break in the snow?"
"God that sucks,"
"That's ridiculous," Veronica scoffs. 

"No, It doesn't work like that," Lottie begins. "It doesn't trade or hassle, it... the wilderness it hears us. It gave us what we wanted. Shauna lived. Might do the same for Crystal."

Everyone begins getting ready to look, Taissa gently takes Veronica's arm, pulling her aside. 
"Hey, Vee," 
"Hi, Tai," 
Taissa tilts her head down, "Are you alright? You seem kinda off," 
Veronica nods, "Yeah, I'm okay, Tai. I just haven't been able to sleep," 
"I've been there," 
Taissa stumbles back in shock when Veronica hugs her tightly. 

"Vee?" 
Taissa wraps her arms around the girl, rubbing her back. 
"Thank you, for always being there for me," she pulls out of the hug, looking into Taissa's eyes. 
"You're my best friend, Tai. And I love you," 
Taissa gives a tearful smile, "I love you too, Vee. You're my best friend too," 

The two then follow the rest of the group to find Crystal, but it was to everyone's disappointment that she was no where to seen.