𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊

Veronica and Natalie sprinted, the snow stuck to their boots thickly and the cold slapped them in the face. 
The rabid pack of animals were screaming, chasing after the bleach blonde and her partner in crime. 
"Nat," Veronica panted, pulling them against the tree as the screaming pack of animals chased after them. 
Natalie panted heavily against Veronica, the pack run straight past them. 
"Come on," Veronica pulls her in the opposite direction, Natalie's still panting heavily. 
Natalie lets out a choked cry "What the hell were you thinking?" 
Veronica looks at her, "I wasn't going to let you die, Nat," 

The two girls jump when Javi stands in front of them. 
"Javi?" Veronica looks confused. 
"What are you doing?" Natalie whispers. 
"There's a place, I can take you there. Both of you,"  
"What are you talking about?" Natalie rasps out. 
"You guys can trust me," 

The brunette and the blonde share a look. A look that confirms they are going to take the boy up on his offer. 
Natalie nods and they are back running, running for their lives. 

Veronica runs along side Natalie, helping the girl up as she crashes against the ice. 
"Fuck, Javi wait," Veronica pants, helping her girlfriend up, turning around in horror as the rabid animals chase after them. 
"Come on!" Javi yells, "Come on we're almost there!" 
"Go!" Veronica yells, "I'll slow them down, you guys go!" 
Natalie shakes her head, "I'm not leaving-" 
"We don't have a choice!" Veronica cries. 
"Javi, take her, go!" Veronica practically shoves Natalie into his arms, Natalie screams her name, but she turns around, facing the pack. 

"Guys! Guys stop!" 
"The wilderness chose!" Van yells. 
Veronica grasps onto Taissa's arms, "Tai, Tai please! We don't have to do this!" 
"Yes we do! They chose!" Taissa snarls like an animal, Veronica doesn't even recognize her anymore. 
The girls push past Veronica, continuing to run. 
Veronica turns around just in time to see Javi drop under the ice. 

"Javi!" She hears Natalie scream, running and dropping to her knees. 
"Spread out so the ice doesn't break!" Mari yells. 
"Help me!" Natalie screams, "Veronica help me!" 

Veronica's legs finally start to work, she runs just as Misty runs over. 
Natalie desperately tries to keep him up, but is forcefully taken down by Misty. 
Natalie fights against Misty's grip, but Misty holds her down. 
"If you save him, the others will get you!" 
Veronica sprints over, Misty looks at her, "If you save him, Natalie's dead. Do you want to be responsible for her death?" 
Veronica shakes, she stares as Javi cries Natalie's name, but she sits still. 
And so does Veronica. 

Veronica stares in horror, watches as Javi takes his last breath, and watches as he sinks. 

The other girls pull him out, Veronica pulls Natalie close to her, Natalie pants heavily, clutching onto Veronica. 
"Oh my god," Veronica whispers. 

"The wilderness chose!" Van yells. 

~~~

They walk numbly back to the cabin, Veronica looks over at Natalie, it's clear the guilt is eating her alive, but Veronica is just happy Natalie is walking beside her, alive. 
"Natalie!" Travis yells, going to hug her, but she shuns him off. 
Travis' eyes dart to Javi's frozen corpse.
"Travis. It all happened so fast. The wilderness chose,"
Travis shakes his head, "No," tears are streaming down his face. "No. No. No!" he sobbed, rushing to Javi's frozen body.
He sobbed over his frozen body as everyone slowly piled inside, leaving him to have a few moments with his now dead brother. 

Veronica pulls Nat away, into the cabin. 
As soon as they are alone in the bedroom, Natalie breaks. 
She sobs, she sobs into Veronica's chest, loud, agonizing sobs.
Veronica sinks to the floor, holding onto Natalie as the blonde puts all her weight on her. 
"Shh, it's okay,"