nineteen // valerie

|Michael|

I walked up Dakota's front porch steps, hoping to apologize for what had happened. She hadn't talked to me for the past two weeks or so and she even avoided me at school. It was about time for me to apologize face-to-face. I knocked on the door and waited until her mom open it.

"Hi Michael." She beamed at me.
"Hi Mrs. Webber, um is Dakota here?" I asked her.
"She uh actually moved out a couple weeks ago. She lives with my brother in Tennessee now. Did you need something from her?" I sighed and ran my hand through my hair and she starred at me confused.
"No, she just had something I needed. It's okay though. Have a nice day." I said, walking off the porch.

|Dakota|

"Thank you guys again for letting me stay here." I said as I walked down for breakfast at my uncles, well my new house, as well.
"You're welcome D, you are my favorite niece." He smiled and I laughed sitting down as his husband placed food in front of me.
"I'm your only niece." I corrected, taking a bite of my pancakes.

"So your first day of school is today. What are you going to wear?" He asked, leaning in like it was top secret. I motioned for them to follow me upstairs and began to show them my already laid out outfit.
"I like this." He said running his hand over the pink shirt and floral crop top. "You always did have good fashion taste, unlike your shit dresser mother." I giggled and hugged him.
"Thank you again uncle Zack."

I slowly walked into the new building and everyone's eyes were on me causing me to feel extremely awkward.
"What, you act like you never seen a girl before. Jesus Christ." I yelled, walking more confidently, to the principles office.
"Hi, you must be Dakota Webber." She said, walking into her office. She seemed like a nice lady and I liked it.
"Yea that's me."

"Well I'm Mrs. Newman and here is your schedule. If you need anything, just come see me. Oh um this is Valerie, she will be your new guide around the school." She said bringing in a girl with blonde hair and pretty blue eyes.
"Hi" I said with a small wave.
"Hello. So today, you get a free pass and get to skip most of your classes while I show you around." She motioned for me to get up and follow her, which I did.

"Your uncles are Zack and Matt, right?" I nodded and she smiled at me.
"Matt is my older brother, they told me you'd be coming today. You've got a pretty name too." I liked this girl.
"Thank you. So is there like anyone I should avoid here? I don't want to get on anyone's bad side on my first day." I laughed
"Yea that's a little too late. Mackenzie Ashbury's boyfriend was already talking about how hot you were. Mackenzie is the biggest bitch in school and she'll eventually find out and grow to hate you." I laughed.
"Yes, I've always wanted to be on the hate list." I cheered, causing her to laugh.

"So, how was your first day?" My uncle asked me as I walked through the door with Valerie.
"Great, the biggest bitch in school hates me! That's like my life goal achieved." He shook his head at me and turned his attention to Valerie.
"I see you met Matt's younger sister."
"She showed me around today." I informed as he hugged her.
"Figures." He laughed.