Twenty-one // 'hey'

|Dakota|

2 years, 3 months later

"She broke up with me." I cried as I walked into the house, my uncle greeting me at the door.
"What's wrong D?" He asked with concern in his voice.
"Val, she broke up with me." I mumbled, wiping my face and looking at him.
"What happened?" I shrugged.

"She told me that she didn't feel the same about me anymore. That she fell out of love with me." He sighed and pulled me close, patting my back.
"It'll be okay honey."

|Michael|

"Dude, are you going to Tasha's party tonight?" Calum asked me as I walked to my car.
"Yea man, I'll be there." I said. He nodded and watched as some girls walked past us.
"Cool um, I'll see you there." He said smirking and pointing off in the direction the girls went. I nodded with a laugh and climbed into my car.

I pulled up to my house and began walking up to my door before noticing someone on the Webbers front porch.
"Can I help you?" I called over to the girl. I stepped off my porch and the girl turned to me causing me to gasp.
"Hey." She giggled, walking over to me.
"Dakota?" I questioned. She nodded and I engulfed her in a hug.

"Wow, Jesus Christ was I missed that much?" She asked as I let her go.
"It just hasn't been the same without you here." I commented.
"Do you know if my parents are home?" I shook my head no.
"They won't be back until tomorrow. You're welcome to stay at my house if you'd like." I offered. She nodded and followed me up to the house.

"It's really nice seeing you again." I said. "I've missed you."