twenty-five // yet

|Dakota|

"Your parents seem nice." Ashton commented as we walked through the mall, looking for an outfit for me tonight.
"You're the first boy I've brought home. They're a little excited." I replied as we walked into Forever 21. I skimmed through the clothes racks and Ashton watched me closely.
"Wait, what about this dress?" Ashton stopped me and pulled the light purple dress out for my viewing. I looked over it and reached out, touching the material.
"Fine, lets go find some shoes." I ushered for him to follow me and I caught a glimpse of him smiling at me.

"Oh, photo booth . We have to take pictures Ashton." I squealed, pulling him with me to the little photo booth. We took our pictures and when we got out I snatched them from Ashtons hand with a giggle.
"Lemme see."
"Woah is that Dakota?" My head shot up and Calum was walking over to me with Michael and a group of friends. "What're you doing here?" He smirked, checking me out causing Ashton to tense up next to me.
"Last time I checked, it's a free country. I'm allowed at the mall." I sassed, taking Ashtons hand and walking past them.

"Sorry about that." I commented as we walked to Ash's car.
"It's fine. Who was that?" He asked me.
"Uh, the Asian looking one used to go to school with me and the crazy colored hair boy is my neighbor." I explained as I entangled my fingers with his and smiled.

"So, how long have you two been dating?" My mother asked as we sat in the restaurant eating.
"We don't date mother." I scolded her for bringing up the topic.
"Yea, we aren't dating Mrs. Webber. Not yet at least." Ashton smirked as he took a drink of his water. I looked down and smiled to myself as I felt Ashton's hand touch mine.