twenty-six // change

A/N: This will be the last chapter of Bad Neighbors. I hope you enjoy.
-Kay

|Dakota|

"How's my college girl?" Ashton said as he walked up to me with a Frappuccino in his hand. He went to hand it to me but snatched it back, tapping his lips, waiting for a kiss. I rolled my eyes and pressed my lips to his, taking the cup from his hands.
"How are you doing around campus and everything?" Ashton asked as he walked with me off of campus.
"I'm doing good, hows lunch sound? I'm kinda hungry and I don't feel like eating on campus." He nodded and escorted me to his car.

College was nice, Ashton visited me frequently and no Michael; which was fantastic. Michael toyed with me heart and now there was just a black hole there. I couldnt forgive him for what he put me through. I had wanted him so bad at one point now he practically means nothing to me.
"How's Applebee's for lunch?" Ashton asked as we got in. I nodded with a smile and kissed his cheek.

"What're you getting?" Ashton asked me, throwing his straw wrapper at me, causing me to laugh.
"I dont know yet, probably steak." I said, taking a drink of my raspberry lemonade.
"Cheese sticks sound good?" I nodded and continued looking over the menu.
"I'm gonna go pee, order for me?" He nodded and I got up, going to the bathroom.

"Oh, sorry." I mumbled as I bumped into someone.
"Kota?" I looked up and Michael smiled at me.
"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to avoid eye contact, causing him to laugh.
"Me, Cal and Cal's sister are having lunch here. His sister is showing us around different college campuses. What're you doing here?" He asked. I looked back at Ashton and he was raising his eyebrow at me.
"I'm having lunch with my boyfriend then going back for class." I said, pointing to Ashton. "Look, I gotta go." I said, starting to walk back but Michael grabbed my arm.
"Why are you acting different? Dakota, I never got the chance to tell you but I love you." He said causing me to sigh.

"People change Michael and you're not in love with me, you're in love with the thought of me. I hope you have a good day." I said walking away from him.