Chp27: what is the truth!?

I took a deep breath, feeling the weight of Wooyoung’s concern pressing down on me. His gaze was steady and filled with genuine worry, and I could see that he was waiting for me to explain. I knew I couldn’t keep him in the dark forever, but the complexity of the situation made it difficult to know where to start.

Actually, Wooyoung,”

I began, my voice trembling slightly as I tried to find the right words.

It’s way more complicated than you think. Even I’m struggling to grasp what’s really going on.”

I could see the confusion in his eyes as he leaned in, his expression a mix of curiosity and concern. The warmth of the kitchen light seemed to highlight the seriousness of the moment, casting long shadows across the room. The aroma of coffee, once comforting, now felt like a backdrop to the weight of the conversation we were about to have.

I don’t even fully understand how I’m getting caught up in all of this,”

I continued, feeling a knot of frustration twist in my chest.

“It’s like every time I think I’ve got a handle on things, another layer gets added. I’m constantly trying to piece it all together, but it feels like I’m always a step behind.”

Wooyoung’s eyes remained locked on mine, his concern deepening.

What do you mean?”

he asked softly.

Can you give me a bit more detail? I want to understand what you’re going through.”

I took another deep breath, feeling the pressure of his gaze and the weight of the situation pressing on me.

It’s hard to explain. There are so many moving parts, and each one seems to connect to something else I didn’t anticipate. It’s like I’m being pulled into a web that I can’t escape from, and no matter how much I try to unravel it, I only end up more tangled.”

Wooyoung’s expression softened, his concern giving way to a gentle, reassuring look.

“You don’t have to have all the answers right now,”

he said, his voice calm and steady.

Just know that I’m here for you, no matter how complicated things get. We can face this together.”

His words offered a glimmer of comfort amidst the confusion. The kitchen, with its warm light and familiar surroundings, became a place where I felt safe enough to confront the complexity of my situation. Knowing that Wooyoung was willing to stand by me, even when I couldn’t make sense of everything, provided a small but significant sense of relief.

I looked at Wooyoung, trying to find the right words as the weight of my thoughts pressed heavily on me. The conversation had taken a turn toward something deeply unsettling, and I could feel my anxiety rise. I glanced around the kitchen, the warm light and comforting aroma of coffee now feeling oddly incongruous with the seriousness of what I was about to reveal.

You know Belladonna?”

I started, my voice barely above a whisper.

The so-called ‘flower killer’? The one who’s infamous for these heinous murders, leaving behind a note with each victim?”

Wooyoung nodded slowly, his eyes narrowing in concentration. I could tell he was trying to connect the dots, his concern evident in the way he leaned forward.

I don’t know why,”

I continued, struggling to maintain my composure,

but for some reason, I feel like I’m getting drawn into this whole situation. It’s like there’s a connection between me and her that I can’t quite understand.”