Chapter 1: Behind the Curtain🦋

Y/N's POV

Today was our high school talent show. The auditorium buzzed with anticipation, students chatting excitedly while teachers tried to maintain order. The stage was lit with colorful spotlights, casting a warm glow over the dark room. 

As a social media influencer, I made sure to snap a few pictures and selfies with my popular gang. 

The tall ceilings and echoing voices made the space feel both grand and chaotic. 

We're not that close, but we collaborate a lot. They told me the talent show was boring, but I just said, "Who knows, maybe something interesting will be here."

I recorded some of the acts, but they were mostly typical—singers and dancers showcasing their moves

The audience clapped politely, but it was clear everyone was just waiting for the next act. My friends whispered and giggled, more interested in their phones than the performers.

But at last, when I was about to leave, I saw Jimin, the shy nerd kid in my class. He walked up to the stage, looking nervous, his hands shaking slightly. I was curious, so I sat back down to watch.

He made an animation. The screen lit up with vibrant colors and lifelike characters, each movement fluid and captivating. It felt so real and good! 

I was fascinated by his skill and the story he told through his animation. But the people there showed no interest and didn't even clap. 

There was an awkward silence. I was the only one who clapped, and it felt like my applause echoed through the empty space. Jimin didn't notice who clapped, though—his eyes were fixed on the floor as he hurried off the stage.

After the talent show, the gang was talking shit about the animation and stuff. 

Their laughter and mocking comments made me feel guilty. I noticed Jimin quietly walking to the library, his shoulders slumped. I decided to follow him.

The library was a stark contrast to the bustling auditorium—quiet, with the soft hum of the air conditioning and the faint scent of old books filling the air.