4 ▹ Beacon Lacrosse

Darren sat between Mason and a girl named Violet. She was the supposed girlfriend of Garrett, that Darren didn't realize was a lacrosse player. According to both freshman, he was pretty good. Though her attention wasn't really on Garrett, she was more focused on the few other people she knew. Liam, Kira, Scott, and Stiles all joined up together and ran onto the field. Even though she was confused about her classmates, she still kept her hands together ready to clap in support. She watched Kira shaking her head at Scott and Stiles, who gave a look at Stiles.

Beside her, Violet cheered for Liam and Garrett, wishing them a safe game. Darren lightly cheered as the game began formation and Mason clapped in support.

Scott, who was in line for the first play, caught himself peeking at the brunette sitting with the freshman. He worried about her safety but kept reminding himself that the people on the field were in more harm than the ones in the bleachers. 

Darren cheered on Liam along with her classmates as the game ranged on. SHe continued the support even if her school wasn't doing too well. Everytime Devenford scored goal after goal after goal, her cheering didn't stop but did quiet slightly. The only time her cherring grew completly quiet was when she realized the way the other school was attacking Liam. They were out for revenge, according to Mason.

Everyone around her gasped as Liam ran straight into two Devenford players. Her eyes widened when Liam took off his helmet and gloves and dashed for the two, only being stopped when Scott and Stiles pulled him away. They both scolded him, along with the referee.

Darren watched as number twenty-four, Stiles Stilinski, got the ball and quickly tossed it into Kira Yukimura's stick. Kira was shocked at first since she hasn't done anything this whole game. Coach, along with others on the bleachers yelled for the girl to run. Her eyes moved across the bleachers, eventually sprinting off into a run. At first, Darren thought she doing good, but she kept watching and noticed the girl wasn't passing to anyone, just dodging all the players. She did a twist and threw the ball into the goals net, making a play. 

She cheered nevertheless, even though Darren knew Kira was going to get in trouble for not being a teammate.

Darren wasn't surprised when Coach called Yukimura over and she took a seat on the bench.

For the rest of the game, the plays were about the same. Players would get knocked off their feet and get back up before continuing the game. That went on for another fifteen minutes when suddenly everything changed. 

It had begun with Garrett, ramming into a player on the opposite team. Which resulted in Liam Dunbar getting tackled down by the Devenford boy, falling down with the two others. Everyone in the crowd gasped, some standing up to look at the damaged players. Darren winced knowing someone had to be hurt from that nasty attack.

Coaches from both teams rushed onto the field to retrieve their players. Finstock looked over the two freshmen, Garrett and Liam, seeing they were uninjured. The Devenford coach struggled to help drag his player off the field with some assistance from his players.

It was fine for a few silent moments, when out of nowhere two sharp pains suddenly struck Darren, knocking the breath out of her. Her forearm was shooting in pain, the current moving up and down her arm. The second pain was just as bad. Her right thigh felt— quite literally—like it had been cut open and acid was being soaked inside the wound. Though, when she looked down at the unusual pains, nothing was on her indicating any injury. 

"Excuse me." Violet wiggled her way out from Darren and Mason's legs, before running off towards the school. 

Darren gasped as the pain in her left arm went from sharp to nothing. Mason seemed to notice her odd behavior and leaned over to her. "Are you okay?"