26

"Hey gorgeous." Reece walked through the front door, holding bags of groceries.
"Hey." Marjorie looked up and smiled.
"You okay?" Reece asked, setting the bags down.
"I'm fine." Marjorie said, holding back a cough.

Reece walked over to Marjorie who was stationed at the kitchen island, working on her laptop. Reece put the back of his hand to Marjorie's forehead.

"Gorgeous, you're burning up." Reece said, pulling his hand away.
"Reece, I'm fine." Marjorie sighed.
"No you're not. Have you taken your temperature?" Reece asked.

Marjorie shook her head no. Reece went over to the drawers and grabbed the thermometer.

"Open." Reece said, holding the thermometer up.
"Fine." Marjorie said, rolling her eyes and opening your mouth.
"See." Reece pulled the thermometer out of her mouth. "You have a high fever."
"But I feel fine." Marjorie said.
"You're not fine babe." Reece said, shutting Marjorie's laptop.

Reece grabbed some medicine and a water bottle and handed it to Marjorie. Marjorie gave in and took the medicine.

"Let's go upstairs." Reece said, holding a hand out for Marjorie.

Marjorie stood up and immediately tripped. She held on tighter to Reece for support as she went to take another step.

"Don't. I'll carry you." Reece said, picking Marjorie up.
"I'm pretty heavy." Marjorie mumbled.
"No you're not. Don't ever say that again. You are fine. Carrying you is like carrying a feather." Reece said sternly.
"Okay." Marjorie said.

Reece walked upstairs and opened the bedroom door. He gently laid Marjorie down on the bed, and headed for the door.

"Reece." Marjorie said.
"Yes?" Reece turned around.
"Lay with me." Marjorie smiled.
"Don't you want me to cook you something? I have to go do that love." Reece walked back over to Marjorie.
"I'm not hungry right now. Just please lay with me." Marjorie whimpered.
"Okay." Reece smiled.

Reece pulled back the covers for him and Marjorie. Reece took off his shoes and his jacket and placed them on the chair. He climbed in bed and Marjorie immediately rested her head on his chest.

"Thank you." Marjorie sighed.
"For what?" Reece asked.
"Taking care of me." Marjorie smiled.
"It's my job to take care of you. You're my girlfriend. I'm gonna spend the rest of my life doing that." Reece said, rubbing Marjorie's back.
"Aww. You're so sweet." Marjorie blushed.
"I love you. Get some sleep gorgeous." Reece kissed the top of her head.
"I love you too." Marjorie mumbled, closing her eyes.

Reece grabbed his phone and texted Autumn.

Reece : Marjorie will probably be out for a few days. She's sick. Go ahead and put me on leave too.

Autumn : God forbid did you give her another sex injury?? You two are such freaks. And you have your own deputy now so why are you messaging me??

Reece : When have I ever given—— never mind. She's legitimately sick. She's currently laying on my chest right now. She has a fever and everything. You can't talk because Marjorie did tell me how you and Winter did it in the nursery, ten feet from our dad. Nice one btw. Please Aut. I don't want to talk to Deliah anymore than I have to.

Autumn : Whatever. I booked the both of you off until Wednesday. Tell Marjorie I hope she feels better.

Reece : Will do. Thank you.

Autumn : ❤️

Reece smiled and shut his phone off. Autumn was slowly starting to be nicer, and he was glad his sister was finally healing.

"Reece." Marjorie said, rubbing her eyes.
"What gorgeous?" Reece said.
"Don't leave me." Marjorie covered her face.
"What? I would never do that. What is making you think I would leave you?" Reeces jaw dropped.
"I had a dream. Well, nightmare that you left me." Marjorie shyly said.
"Well. I'm sorry. But seriously Marjorie, I would never leave you. You're the love of my life. You're the reason I wake up every morning." Reece kissed the top of her head.
"Okay." Marjorie smiled, and rested her head back on Reeces chest. "I love you."
"I love you too. By the way, I booked the both of us the next few days off. Take all the time you need to rest. And Autumn says she hopes you feel better." Reece said, playing with Marjorie's hair.
"Thank you." Marjorie said, smiling into Reeces chest.
"Of course gorgeous." Reece said, still playing with her hair.

Marjorie fell back asleep and Reece continued to hold her. He would trace patterns on her back, play with her hair, kiss her head, and whisper 'I love you' in her ear. He could tell Marjorie enjoyed it because a small smile would appear on her face.

"I can't wait to make you my wife one day." Reece whispered against the top of Marjorie's head before falling asleep.

————————————————————————

A/N - can you guys tell i'm not from england.... im american...... did i have y'all fooled?

😔😔😔 im just an american tnn fan