Ode to Lost Love

Simon!

Don't you know how many words were clung to your feet?

When you burned the last letter I sent you,

When you took out the dead flowers from the books,

Simon! Did you remember the one who gave it to you?

I used to dance for you like a gypsy in the temple of of love worshipping you like you were my one and only.

You weren't there for me when the flowers bloomed and birds chirped, like the trumpets being played somewhere in my heart.

I used to be the soothing balm for your soul, a gust of cool breeze in the depths of your dispair.

A melody for your tired ears, a sight to your weary eyes, a light to the darkness enveloping your whole existance.

Like the morning sunlight you illuminated my existance, like a river you quenched my thirst.

Then why? Why did you become an incurable disease? a drug so addicting I couldn't live without you.

Why did you become a wound I can't heal, a limb I can't amputate, that gnaws at my flesh and bones?

I didn't know loving you was taking a shot of the poison so strong that neither caused my death nor it let me live.

You were the warmth of my coldest days, the bliss to this aching heart.

Why would you put the dagger of love deep in my heart that it got shattered into a million pieces, scattering it everwhere.

You were there when a bullet from your own gun travelled through my heart, passed through my whole existance, took my every breath away.

When the string to my soul cut off leaving me wandering in the universe of the lost souls for eternity. You were'nt there for me.

You weren't there when the lights were switched off, when this heart took your name with every beat of it till it stopped.

You weren't there when I ceased to exist.

When the maples leaves were crushed beneath your feet, the leaves who carried away my fate with them.

And I was erased from the own lines of my fate.

How easy was to bury me 6 feet down with my memories, how easy was it for me to sleep in the depths of the ground, alone in the darkness.

Left to rot with the negelcted gravestone.

Another girl! Succumbed to your darkness.

And you were the DEATH of me..

If only I could make you mine,

I would If I could, turn back the time..