Chapter 29: A Soul

A/N: Alright this is the last chapter in the batch, I'm kinda in the mood for writing so I'll most likely get started on the next one right away.

The MC will merge with different characters soon, some good, some not so good lol. But this will begin the second arc of the story, which i hope you're all ready for :)

Anyway, enjoy!

As the morning sun began its ascent, bathing the sky in a soft golden hue to herald a new day, you still found yourself seated in the backseat of your car, entertaining your new assistant. Meanwhile, in a distant corner of Tokyo, at the very edge of the city's boundary, an old Japanese-style home stood in tranquil serenity. Inside, a breathtakingly beautiful woman in her late teens, early twenties, gazed at her reflection in the mirror. Her eyes, though strikingly beautiful, were like an empty void of creation, devoid of any and all emotion.

The melodious chirping of birds and the gentle murmur of water from a nearby stream and koi pond wafted through the open bedroom door that led out to a veranda. Despite the serene sounds of nature, the woman continued to stare into the mirror, her expression impassive. However, a keen observer might discern a glimmer of worry and sadness lurking deep within her eyes.

Suddenly, a gentle touch on her shoulders drew her attention. Her eyes shifted sideways in the mirror, tracking the movements of a pink-haired woman whose fingers trailed delicately across her shoulder before she came to stand beside her. The newcomer looked into the mirror for a brief moment before tapping a closed fan against her chin.

???: Oh, Ei... your fashion sense could use some serious work...

The pink-haired woman giggled softly, quickly opening the fan to cover the lower half of her face in the mirror.

???: But fear not... luckily for you, you have me. Now-

Ei: Miko, I hardly see the point in pleasantries. This is a business meeting, nothing more, nothing less. What I wear matters very little, so long as I get his signature.

Ei's interruption was met with a moment of silence before Miko released an exasperated sigh, snapping her fan closed with a flick.

Miko: Truly spoken like a woman who's never been on a date.

Ei raised an eyebrow in curiosity, her gaze shifting to her assistant with incredulity.

Ei: Oh, and you have? I don't recall you ever mentioning any dates... Do tell me about them.

Miko slightly flinched, though she masked it with a soft giggle.

Miko: My love life is not the topic of conversation here.

Ei hummed thoughtfully, turning her attention back to the mirror as Miko moved behind her and began to braid her long, beautiful purple hair.

Ei: A rather well-timed deflection...

Miko: Oh my, I'm afraid I have no idea what you are talking about.

Then the room descended into a profound silence. Miko continued braiding Ei's hair, her fingers deftly working their way down the length of the luxurious purple strands. She moved meticulously, ensuring every section was perfectly intertwined, the braid extending almost to Ei's legs. Once she reached the end, she slipped a hair elastic from her wrist, securing the braid with a delicate yet firm touch. Letting go, she allowed the singular, long braid to fall gracefully down Ei's back, nearly reaching the floor.

Miko: Perfect. Now...

Miko moved gracefully to the side of the room, near the open door that led to the veranda. She slid open a large wardrobe that dominated one side of the massive room. Her eyes quickly scanned the contents, a variety of clothing options meticulously arranged within. She hummed thoughtfully, bringing her fan back up to her face and tapping it against her chin.