The Teenage Assassin Chapter 16

Chapter 16 –

I had been training in the gym for almost four hours when I heard footsteps approach. I carried on until I heard them stop at the door and so I turned to find Sam standing there smiling at me while holding a towel.

"You were serious about coming home weren’t you?" He said walking towards me and handing me the towel.

"Thanks." I muttered before wiping myself down. Man I was sweaty and it felt good. "And yeah i was serious. I need to get trained back up ASAP in order to take them down. I need to be ready." I said huffing slightly from my work out and Sam smiled.

"I'm glad you came back."

"Me too." I said returning his smile and part of that was true as I wanted to be back in training and still being the best, I had always been like that ever since that I could remember. Sam suddenly pulled out a knife and held it before me.

"What are you doing?" I said cautiously.

"This is the weapon I want you to use in order to kill them with and I want it done painfully." He said through his teeth and I shuddered. He really wanted me to kill them.

"Okay, I will and when would you like me to leave?" I asked hoping that he meant soon as I wanted to get out of here soon and be able to carry out the plan.

"Soon. Very soon. You will go when I return from Paris." He said smiling. Paris?

"Paris?" I wondered. He never left the office let alone the country. He laughed.

"You seemed surprised Alex."

"I am. No offence, but you never leave the office let alone the country." This made him laugh harder.

"Yes Alex. I do leave the office sometimes but you never notice as you were always away on jobs." I nodded. That was true. He looked at his watch and sighed.

"As much as I want to watch you train and get stronger, I have to leave fro my flight now."

"It’s okay. I want to carry on training anyway." Not. I was waiting for him to leave so I could get into his office and look at all the files. He nodded once and left, leaving me alone in the gym. I ran over to my stuff and shoved it in my bag and ran towards my room to shower and get ready.

As soon as I was showered and dressed, I headed towards Sam’s office. I paused at the door and took a deep breath before entering. The room was deadly silent as I crept in and I scanned the area for any lurking dangers, but I found none. I smiled at myself. This was too easy. I went over to the filling cabinet and opened it up grinning. I was about to find out all of Sam’s secrets. I flicked through the files and pulled out all the ones that wanted a family and flicked through them and was shocked. There were photos of the family and everything and the pictures were from surveillance cameras. I gulped as I got to my file and opened it up. As soon as I opened it I gasped and wished that I hadn’t opened the file. Across the file in big bold letters was the word ‘exterminate’ I dropped the file as if it burnt my hand. They wanted to kill me! I didn’t hear footsteps approaching until I heard the door to the office open. Crap! I picked up the files and closed the cabinet. I shoved the files down the back of the of my jeans and dove under the desk. It was a male and a female’s voice which I didn’t recognise and they were whispering.

"Do you think that she came back or not?" She woman whispered quietly and I had to strain my ears to hear what they were saying.

"I don’t know but if we don’t check her file, we will never know." He whispered back. They wanted to check the files! Not good at all. I had a dozen files down the back of my jeans and the one that they were after could be the one that I had. I needed to get out of here and fast. I heard footsteps coming closer and I held my breath. The file cabinet opened and paper being shuffled. The female voice suddenly gasped.

"It’s not here!" She sounded stressed and I cringed. I was so dead!

"Are you sure?" The man asked and it suddenly sounded vaguely familiar. Where had I heard that voice before?

"Of course I’m sure! I would have found it by now and it’s not here. Oh my god! They killed her!" The woman began to sob and I was suddenly confused. Why would they cry over an assassin who was dead?

"Then where is Alex’s file?" The man sounded frustrated and my stomach knotted. They were after me and I was right under their noses.

"She can’t be dead!" He continued sounding defiant.

"We will have to go under cover to see if she is really dead."

"We can’t do that! It’s too risky!" The woman cried and I heard her muffled sobs. As I shifted my weight silently the worst thing in the world happened. The files dropped out of my jeans and to the floor making a loud noise.

"What was that?" The woman gasped and I cringed. Damn it! My life was over before I was able to take out Sam and save my family. Footsteps suddenly came closer and closer until they stopped at the desk. I held my breath again, not daring to breathe as it could give away my hiding place. I could see the mans feet. To my relief there was a commotion out side the door and their attention was drawn to the sound.

"They have found the others! We need to leave now." The woman hissed.

"But we can’t leave Alex." The man growled and I was taken aback. Why did they want me?

"We will come back for her, I promise" The woman said sniffling. I then heard feet going towards the door. As soon as the door closed I breathed a sigh of relief. That was close. Too close. I scurried out from underneath the desk and bolted towards the door. I saw someone pass by the door and then I let myself out and ran to my room. Once in my room, I locked the door and stopped to catch my breath. I was sweating and I had never felt so nervous. I took the files to my room and put them underneath one of my floorboards that were secret and the agency didn’t know about and then headed for another shower. Once I was clean from my ordeal, I went off to find Lucy. I found her outside practising her aim of throwing knives. I sat down on the floor and looked up at her.

"Hey." I said smiling. She frowned.
"What do you want?" She demanded as if I was an annoying three year old. I was insulted considering what I had just done. I stood up, brushed myself off and went over to her and whispered in her ear.

"I have your file hidden in my room and it contains info on your family. Do you want it or not?" Her face suddenly changed into shock as she faced me.

"You actually got them?" She sounded as if she had the wind knocked out of her.

"Yeah I did and I nearly died in the process." I said smiling. She grinned and hugged me.

"Thank you!" She squealed. "You don’t know how much this means to me." I smiled and released her.

"Come to my room with the others tonight and I will give you you’re files and then we will plan on getting out of here. Lucy nodded still smiling and I walked off towards the gym. I would need a serious work out to relieve the stress I had just gone through. I headed to my room first and knew that there was something wrong. I knew that there was someone in here. I pulled my knife out of my pocket and walked trough the rooms checking them thoroughly. They were clear apart form my room. I tip toed over to my room and readied myself for the intruder. I burst open the door to find that I was at knife point. I looked up at the intruder and gasped. It was Harry and Rich.

"What are you guys doing here?" I demanded angrily. What were they doing here? They would get themselves killed and ruin my plan.

"We have come to rescue you." Harry said smiling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There it was guys!!!

I will be uploading soon and i hoped that you liked the chapter!

Please vote and comment and also fan if you haven't doen so already :)

Much love <3 <3