Chapter 8:Won the battle but lost the war

"Next person!"

Alice, clenched her fist as she heard the sound of the auditorium door open.

Ronnie was the first to stand up from where she and Alice sat, the moment she saw Laura and Erica walk up to them.

"Guys, how was the audition?" She asked nervously, unsure of whether to seem cheerful or indifferent.

Laura was the first one to reply as she held out a paper in her hand. "Well, we passed." She said cheerfully.

Ronnie, ran to Laura and Erica and engulfed them in a group hug. "Omg! I'm so so happy for you guys!" She squealed excitedly.

Alice, coughed to get their attention once she noticed that the rest of the people that lined in front of the auditorium door, were glaring at them.

"Don't mean to be a spoilsport but you do realize that the audition is still going on?"

"Sorry sorry." Erica, laughed awkwardly as she quickly apologized to the remaining students.

"Well congratulations guys, I'm genuinely happy for you." Alice, bit her cheeks and frowned at the fact that her words didn't come out as cheerful as she wanted them to be.

She was genuinely happy for her friends, like who wouldn't be?

Maybe a fake backstabbing ninny like Betty.

Alice, was far from that. To begin with, she had more braincells than the manipulating, attention seeking creature.

But the truth was that, she was nervous. In fact, she was beyond nervous. Yes, she had opposed the whole idea of the audition to begin with so why was she so nervous? Was it because there was going to be a crowd?

Who was she kidding? Alice knew the exact truth on why she was nervous.

She had forgotten to use her favorite Dior perfume and, only used a simple deodorant. Of course the day was bound to go bad!

There was no way she had the desire to smell like Jimmy from class 3.

"Ali baby, you look so serious. One would think you're actually trying to focus." Veronica said sarcastically.

Alice, rolled her eyes at the obvious sarcastic remark and, sighed loudly. "Unlike you, your Highness, I am trying not to cause perspiration."

Erica, reached into her backpack and brought out a perfume bottle. "Here you go Ali, you can use it. You could have simply asked instead of sulking."

"I was not sulking." Alice pouted, annoyed at the mere thought.

"Yes yes, whatever you say."

Alice, stretched out her hand in a stop gesture. "No thank you. I have no desire to scent like you and, your boyfriend." Alice, shook her head vigorously, appalled at the thought of having the scent as the male that Erica was sticking her tongue in places forbidden.

"Beggars can't be choosers."

Alice, frowned as she looked at Betty who was now standing in front of her.

Alice, wondered on when Betty had come? She had not noticed her at all, which was not surprising at all. Why in heavens would someone want to notice an entity so irrelevant?

Alice, forced a smile, which did not reach her eyes and, looked at the red haired bitch. "You must have so much experience begging Betty dear, thank you for telling me your personal experience."

Betty scoffed, and folded her hand. "I knew something smelt, I almost thought refuse had been dumped here. But it's you afterall."

"Go hang from a celling if you don't have anything better to do." Alice snarled, annoyed at her presence.