Chapter 1: Mischief and mishaps

How does one start a tale that has no beginning? Probably, from where it all went wrong but alas, this tale is different.

Imagine a beautiful monday morning; singing birds and a beautiful scenery, peace and harmony. A beautiful sweet, innocent girl awaiting to be swept away in the hands of the bad boy who suddenly falls in love with her. She makes all his demons go away( he has a lot). A mean girl who seems to have no purpose in life but to look pretty and go after the sweet girl.

Now erase that thought totally from your mind because what you're about to know, isn't what you would expect. But you were right about one thing, it was a beautiful morning.

Closing her curtains in disgust, Alice Anderson put her hair in a bun and hurridely stripped out of her clothing. She had slept through the alarm again, like every other day but for some strange reason, she still had an alarm clock. Maybe she hoped that one day, it would wake her but she had been hoping, for the past 16 years of her life.

She tied her towel around her chest with no haste, as she had enough time to prepare plus, she was the only one awake. It seemed her family was infected with some strange illness that caused them to sleep through alarms.

She walked to her table and picked up her planner. Its pages remained forever empty and like every other day, she had no plan.

Flipping through the pages, she whispered her favorite word
"Carpe díem"
That was her favorite mantra, seize the day, live in the present.

Flipping through the pages, she looked at the old clock that her grandmother had once used. It was a miracle it still worked based on the amount of torture it had been through.

Turning her attention away from the clock, she looked at her planner in hopes that inspiration would come. It was about time she organized her life, she decided.

Thirty minutes later, Alice still looked at the very much empty page. Nothing, absolutely nothing had been written down and her lips were sore from continuously biting them.

Alice groaned and picked up her phone. At that point, she had totally given up on the idea of writing. Maybe her life was best left, unplanned. Wasn't it the reason that she always said 'capre diem'? Besides, it wasn't as if it would go according to plan anyways; her second name wasn't Anderson for nothing. Her reputation preceded her, the beautiful troublemaker and her brother's reputation, was just the icing on top.

She tossed her phone mindlessly in the air and nearly jumped out of her chair as it slipped from her hand and landed face flat on the floor. She groaned as she bent to pick up her phone. If there was any additional crack on her phone, she couldn't have noticed because her phone was a literal map. It had fallen many times in several places, some of which would be best left unsaid and yet, yet it still worked perfectly as though it were bought the day before. Well, if you overlooked the little malfunctioning here and there but at least it still served its purpose.

Turning it on, she looked at her notifications and almost laughed in joy. She kissed her phone, careful not to have her lips cut by the cracked screen, as she looked at the message. She had thirty more days to endure in school which she loved to refer to as hell as it housed demons and devils.

Finally deciding to have her long awaited shower, she got up from the chair and stretched like a kitten although she lacked the elegance of one. She walked to her room door and opened the door as gently as she could and closed it slowly. She hurried to the bathroom quickly locking it before any one tried to barge. By anyone, she meant the spawn of the devil that she happened to live with. Her older brother, Alex.

Discarding her towel, she brushed her teeth in peace, while humming a song that she'd heard on TV.

No Alex. No trouble. Perfect morning.