Chapter 10: To Err is Human to Forgive is Divine

"What the heck happened to you?"

Alice groaned internally when she realized she had been caught. Couldn't a girl have some peace?

Alice stopped climbing the stairs and turned to face her brother, Alex, who seemed displeased for some certain reason.

"And hello to you dearest brother, isn't it just a lovely weather?" Alice smiled sweetly, hoping that he'd leave her alone, she needed to rest. Her leg still hurt from the nasty fall and standing on it, didn't make things any better.

Alex looked at her suspiciously and, was appalled when he took in the state of her appearance.
"Where, were you? And what happened to you? "

"Well I kinda got lost."

"You don't say."

"And I might have crashed into a tree, destroyed a swing and kicked the owner of the swing cause he called me a squirrel. Do you think I have anger issues?" She said in a breathe.

"What?!" Alex's eyes, widened in anger, causing Alice to take a step back.

"Pft, I'm just joking. I'm not that crazy you know "

I'm crazier. She thought, not daring to say it aloud.

"Answer the question, Alice"

"I don't have to. I clearly told you I was going to explore when I left." She said while folding her arms and glaring at him. "So, you can't force anything out of me."

Alex looked at her for some time before, smiling in a sadistic way. "We'll see about that, little sis."

Alice shuddered before she climbed up the stairs. She didn't dare to think about what his statement meant.

For a moment, she regretted her decision to go on a walk, not for her sake, but for the sake of the blue eyed boy who was probably still lying on the dirty ground, with his dignity in ruins.

Alice walked down the corridor and, pushed open the door of the room she was currently staying in.

She shut the door and closed her eyes to catch a breath. What she desired right now was, solitude.

She looked around and, was shocked to see clothes scattered on the floor. She had definitely not left her room in this state. Someone must have invaded her privacy.

She gripped the door handle, on a mission to find the culprit but paused, when she saw a certain red haired step out of her bathroom.

"Hello Alice." Dora smiled. "Did you enjoy your mini adventure?"

"You've got to the kidding me. Just when I thought I'd have peace."

"As much I'd like to make your wish come true, I come with good news." Dora said with a mischievous grin. "I had to give up my bedroom since there are more guests. You know what that means?"

Oh no, God please no.

"... We'll be sharing a room. Aren't you thrilled?"

Alice, cussed under her breathe at whoever was writing her story because they had one hell of a humor.

***
Dora, sipped her fifth cocktail that night. She wasn't exactly a light weight and could hold her drink but, she knew she was stretching her luck and she would have a crazy hangover the next day but, she didn't really care.

She needed the alcohol to help her survive the night.

Normally, she looked forward to family events since it meant some escape but today, she wasn't. She couldn't care less about who came or who was stuck in traffic or what they had been doing since they last saw.