Killed a friend

"Why is your house colder than usual?"

Hyunjin said as he followed the host inside.

The moment his parents left his flat, he got up, took a quick shower, changed, and left to go see the other boy.

It's not what you think it is. It really isn't.

But he needed some mood changing after whatever his parents talked about.

Well, Felix was great for that job.

"Because Jake is not here."

He heard the older sigh.

Hyunjin pulled the older boy into a hug. It was the first time he initiated contact with him.

But he felt it was needed. He felt the urge to comfort the older boy.

"It'll be fine. I'm sure he'll be back."

Felix stayed silent.

He wanted to believe him. He really wanted to believe that Jake would be back.

But it scared him. Even if he didn't want to admit it.

"Do you not have questions to ask me?"

He asked instead. As he pulled from the hug and led both of them towards his room.

"Am I supposed to have questions?"

"You are too trusting, darling. It's not good for you."

Hyunjin sat on the soft mattress. The boy stood in front of him.

Brushing a hair strand away from his face.

"Is it that bad that I trust you?"

He asked. It came out as a whisper. But he was sure Felix heard him.

Felix held the boy's shin. He kept his face in place so their eyes could stay locked.

He leaned in, whispering over Hyunjin's parted lips.

"No. You should trust me. Only me."

Before he connected their lips together.

"I do have a question, though."

Hyunjin said after he pulled away.

Felix hummed.

They both laid down on the bed, staring onto each other's eyes like its the only answer to everything in life.

Hyunjin felt like Felix's eyes held too many secrets and too many answers. He wanted to unfold all of them.

"You said they punished you by making Jake your shadow because he killed your friend. Can you tell me about that?"

Felix seemed deep in thought. Hyunjin saw the way his facial expression slightly twisted as if he was trying to re-alive a dead memory.

He wandered what could've happened to him before. What made him the way he is right now.

"Jake wasn't with me since day one, you know? But in one of my past lives, my favourite, if I may even say, I had a friend. Jay was his name. He was the closest thing to home. Cause we were both forced to do things we did not want to do. And then there was Jake, who we thought was a friend.

I just don't know how it happened, but one day, they got into a fight, a huge one. It was over a girl. She wanted Jay, but Jake wanted her. Jay was going to give up on her, but he couldn't. For specific reasons. And so I guess Jake did not like that, and the fight turned into violence. And in a fit of rage, I guess, Jake just did it. He killed him."