Visiting Hell

"Boss!"

The said guy looked at his worker, who ran inside the room.

"What's wrong?"

"We've got a problem! Our secret agents had witnessed signs of the Devil trying to break in!"

He hummed. He's not surprised. It was about time.

"Tell everyone to be ready. We don't know what his intentions are."

"Are you really giving up on him?"

"He might be good at his job, but his work always comes with consequences. Why settle for that when I already have someone else?"

¡!¡!¡!¡

"What - what are you doing here? You're not allowed in here anymore."

The demon looked at him uninterested. He just wanted to talk to the big guy. All of this is unnecessary.

"I don't think you know who I am. Do you really want to mess with the Devil?"

He said.

He saw the guard visibly flinch.

Felix had a reputation in this place. Everyone knew him, and everyone knew what he was capable of.

They had never witnessed anyone as strong and as ruthless as him. He was their golden gem. Able to get his job done with no mistakes left behind. Or, so he was.

He started getting messy, and his power got out of control. It scared everyone. Even the big boss. They were all scared that one day, he'd destroy everything in a fit of his uncontrollable rage.

So that's why they decided to eliminate him.

"I'm sorry, but the boss said -"

"Ah, the boss, right. I'm actually here to have a small chat with him. So if you don't mind."

In a quick movement of his finger, the guard fell lifeless in front of him.

If getting back what he wanted meant a war, Felix was ready to take the risk.

He walked through the huge door into the familiar huge room.

He saw the way everyone held their swords up in defence.

He chuckled.

"Hey there, big guy!"

He called out.

The big boss, the owner of this place, and the one responsible for everything that's going wrong in Felix's life looked at him.

He was not fazed. Instead, the guy had an amused look on his face as he looked at Felix.

"Took you long enough to get back here, don't you think?"

He said.

Felix stretched an evil smile on his face. He was certain he'll win. He never loses. He never leaves without winning.

"If I knew you missed me this much, I would've paid you a visit sooner. But that's not why I'm here now. We can chit chat another time."

His face got more serious.

He doesn't want to stay here any longer. He wants to go back home. Hyunjin. His home. He wants to go back to Hyunjin.

"Hmm, then tell me, what made the Devil pay us a visit? It must be important."

"You love playing games, don't you? Well, I'm not interested in partaking in any of your sick games anymore. I'm sick of you controlling my life and my fate!"

His voice got louder. He felt the familiar red anger run through his veins, and he knew it won't be long before he lost control over himself.

He saw the other guy crack a laugh.

"Me? Controlling you? When has anyone ever been able to do that? You've always been astray. You've never followed the path I drew for you. So now don't come here blaming me for the way your life turned out."

"You must think I'm dumb, no? I'm not here to discuss anything with you. Jake told me everything, and I will not sit and watch as you take everything from us. After all I've done. You know you can't replace me!"

He watched as the guy stretched a smile on his lips. Felix didn't understand what that might mean.

"What if I can replace you?"

"What?"

"You know? You're right. You've done a lot for us. But it's all part of your punishment, remember? And even though you're probably the best fit for this job, I have someone who can do as good if not better than you. I have someone who can do your job without making me worry."

Felix looked at him.

This can't be. He can't possibly replace him. No one is better than him.

"You're lying."

"See now you can't say that to me. That's just disrespectful. I'm still the boss here."

Felix heard the loud sound of the room's door being pushed open. He turned around when he noticed the guy looking behind him.

And suddenly, everything made sense.

He looked at the guy who had just walked into the room.

They both glared at each other.

Felix was fuming.

"Seriously? Him? Did you just forget the fact that I killed him? More than once?"

The boss laughed.

"Oh my little demon. See, this is your problem. You think you're better than everyone else just cause you have this power. You even forget the fact that I can give this power to anyone else. You forget the fact that I can take it from you."

Felix looked at him again.

He can't do this to him. He can't take it now. He can't leave him like that.

"You're replacing me?"

He asked.

"I just think it's time for you to retire. Even JK seems tired."

Felix tightened his fist.

"What if I take him out?"

The boss raised an eyebrow at him, still having that smile on his face. He was enjoying this.

"Elaborate, please."

"What if I get rid of the replacement? I'll prove to you that no one is a match to me. But you'll promise that you'll let me do things my way from now on."

He thought about it.

Felix stared at the guy as he seemed to be so deep in thought.

"Alright then. If you win, I'll let you go back."

Felix doesn't know how much he can trust him, but right now, he doesn't have any other choice.

He trusts himself. And that's enough.

He looked back at his enemy.

The guy looked as equally mad as Felix.

It's okay. Felix had done this before. He can do it one more time.

This time feels more fair anyway.

He'll just have to be quick.

"Choi San, we meet again."

He saw a deep red flash through the said guy's eyes.

Well, that's something.

"I'm going to kill you. Pull you apart and make you regret everything."

San said.

Felix just shrugged before getting in position.

"Well, that's one way to say it. I've done this way many times more than you. And every single time, you did not win. And this won't be any different."