What happened?

"Hyunjin."

"Hyunjinnie, baby."

"Hyunjin, wake up!"

The said boy woke up startled before he started complaining about how much his head hurt.

He blinked a few times before his vision became clear enough for him to make out the presence that's with him in his room.

"Mom? Dad?"

He looked at them confused.

He had no idea why his dad was looking at him like he had just committed the biggest sin known to man kind.
Or why his mom was looking at him like he just had three minutes left in his life.

"What are you doing here?"

He asked as he took the covers off of him and walked towards the bathroom.

"It's the weekend, we visit, remember?"

"Ah, yes."

He mumbled as he stretched his stiff muscles.

Hyunjin faced the bathroom mirror, but what he didn't expect was to find his face ruined.

"What the fuck happened to my face?"

He had a slightly black eye.
His lip was red and had a deep cut at the side.
His cheek bones were clearly busted.

He was fucked.

"Shouldn't we ask that?"

Ah, so that's why his dad was looking at him like that.

Shit.

This won't end well.

"Give me a second. "

He said before closing the bathroom door.

¡!¡!¡!¡

Hyunjin was forced to sit on his couch as his dad stood in front of him, treating his face.

His mom was in the kitchen preparing their lunch, which also happened to be Hyunjin's first meal of the day.

He was about to stand up when his dad held his hand.

The old man sighed before talking.
"So."

"So?"

"Are you not gonna tell us what happened to your fa -"

They were interrupted with the sound of the bell ringing.

"Are you expecting someone?"

Hyunjin shook his head before standing up to open the door.

Though he wasn't sure if 'surprised' would be enough to describe how he felt at the moment.

"Hyun, who is it?"

His mom pushed past him to open the door wider so they could see who decided to visit them.

Hyunjin, on the other hand, stood there frozen even as the boy entered his house.

"Who are you?"

He heard his dad ask.

"Ah, I'm Lee Felix. Your son is my da-"

"Friend!"

Hyunjin suddenly shouted, making the three of them look at him.

"H-hes, my friend."

He said again, this time calmer. Though, that didn't stop his father from looking at him suspiciously. And it certainly didn't stop Felix from looking at him amused.