Moments of Joy

Jude leaned into Clay's touch, his voice a soft mumble. "A light perfume will only make me snuggle into you more so I could smell it better..."

Clay was caught off guard by Jude's words and blushed slightly, a smile creeping onto his face as he tried to hide his embarrassment. "God, you're even more clingy than I am..." he said under his breath, wrapping both arms around Jude and holding him tight.

Jude giggled, enjoying the warmth and closeness. "I will never tell you my favorite scent. It's gonna be dangerous if you find out..."

Clay's interest was piqued, and he raised an eyebrow with a teasing smirk. "Oh wow really? You won't tell me your favorite, huh?" he said, a playful edge to his voice. "And what if I do find out? You can't just drop that on me and not expect me to want to know, you ass."

Jude shrugged, his smile widening. "Good luck with that. Just know I'm sensitive with smell."

Weeks passed, and Clay was increasingly determined to discover Jude's favorite scent. His focus was unwavering, and he became almost obsessive about it. The hunt for this seemingly trivial piece of information consumed him, and it showed in his increasingly clingy behavior.

One day, as Jude's sister Clara stood outside their home while Jude was at school, she casually mentioned, "His favorite scent? It's just jasmine. What's the big deal with that?"

Clay, who had been spending all his free time trying various scents and approaches, was desperate. He had recently decided to ask Clara for any insight. "Jasmine?? Just jasmine??" he asked, his frustration evident. "Are you absolutely positive?"

Clara frowned, a hint of annoyance in her tone. "You think I'm lying? He begs me to get him jasmine-scented body wash because Dad always buys him shitty men's products."

Clay scoffed, shaking his head in disbelief. "No, I don't think you're lying. I just think it sounds too easy." He huffed, finally connecting the dots. "God, how did I not figure that out? Jasmine body wash, huh?"