Quiet Comforts

Jude took the flower from Clay, inhaling its fragrance. "Jasmine? Where did you find this, or did you buy it?"

"Found it, of course, idiot," Clay replied, his tone playful. "You think I'd actually buy a flower? I'm not that cheesy."

Jude looked pleasantly surprised. "I'm surprised you guessed it right. You know it's my favorite."

"Of course I guessed it," Clay said with a confident smirk. "I know you, and I've got a good memory. Figured you'd like this one; you have a thing for light scents." He ruffled Jude's hair affectionately.

Jude blinked, gazing at Clay with a warm smile. "You know me so well. Thanks..." He sniffed the flower again before realizing the scent was a bit stronger than he expected. Leaning into Clay slightly, he asked, "Did... you use some jasmine perfume or anything too?"

Clay's smirk widened, pleased with Jude's reaction. "Yeah, I did use some jasmine perfume. You like the scent?" he asked, wrapping an arm around Jude's shoulder to pull him closer.

Jude let himself be pressed against Clay's chest, inhaling deeply. "It's good... so much better than your normal cologne."

Clay chuckled, enjoying how Jude was practically snuggling into him. He rested his face against the top of Jude's head, burying his nose in his hair. "Yeah? So you're saying you don't like my normal cologne? That I always smell terrible?" He teased, his voice tinged with mock annoyance.

"Not terrible... I bet all the girls love it," Jude replied.

Clay scoffed playfully, rolling his eyes. "Damn right they do, I get all the bitches swooning over me..." He said with a hint of pride.

Jude held back a chuckle, finding Clay's bravado amusing.