Chapter 21- The Engagement

“ What…what…” I still couldn't find my voice as I turned to my family all looking at me with smiles on their faces. And then I turned to my number one enemy who was on one knee with a ring open for me to marry him.

His mother was here, so was his father and they looked very happy. They looked like if I said yes it would mean the world to them, but I didn't want to say yes, I didn't want to be trapped with their son forever.

I turned to my best friend who also had a look of shock on his face then I turned back to the man still on his knees. He looked like the happiest man in the world and I knew just why, he had me just where he wanted and that smirk was enough proof.

“ Come on accept the ring already,” his mom said with a broad smile on her face.

They all didn't know how I was feeling, they all didn't care if I wanted to accept the ring or not. What if I just run out that door and fly back to America?

" She's in too much shock she can't even speak,” I heard my mom say. All she was really concerned about was planning the wedding without caring if I even wanted to be part of the wedding.

And the bastard kneeling in front of me knew that the moment I said yes I would be sealing my own fate with my mouth and he also knew that I couldn't say no with everyone witnessing us tonight.

Not like there wouldn't have been a wedding without this stupid engagement. They already planned everything and I was just a puppet for them.

I looked at a kneeling Antonio with so much hatred before stretching my hand out for him and then he put the ring on my finger as he slowly stood up with our family cheering.

Without warning he drew me to him and hugged me.

“ Thank you, thank you for giving me this opportunity, the opportunity to torture you for the rest of your life," he said as he gave an evil laugh in the back of his throat as I felt a shiver run down my spine. Not the good type.

I quickly pulled away from him but I was immediately engulfed in a hug by his mother.

" Thank you so much my dear, you don't know what you've done for me, I've been trying to get him to get married but he just wouldn't, I can't believe it's going to finally happen,” she said as she sounded like she was about to start crying.

She didn't know her son was getting married but not in the real sense of the word. He was getting married to make my life a living hell.

I was going to do just the same to him, I did it once, I can still do it again.

“ Thank you so much dear," she said and I nodded.

Next his father came to me all showering me with praises, if only they knew that all I and their son was promising each other was nothing but pain and torture.

Rodrigo came to me to save me from all the hugs and congratulations I didn't want.

The engagement was just his family and mine, only those that were close to us.

“ What are we going to do Rodrigo? It's really happening, I feel like crying right now," I said as I tried to blink back tears and Rodrigo hugged me.

“ Can you just shut up and be positive? This is the beginning of our plan A. It's been made official that you guys are getting married, and earlier you told me how he announced to people in your office that you both were getting married, so what do you think would happen now? Don't you think things are just going perfectly for us?" He asked.

I slowly pulled away from him as I scrunch my brows in confusion, not until the realization of his words finally hit me. Slowly, very slowly a smile took over my lips and soon enough I was laughing.

" This is amazing, I'm really getting married,” I said as my family looked at me all with happiness and then I turned to the man I was supposed to be getting married to and then with calculated steps I started walking to him, my head held high, a broad smile on my face.

“ Hi husband to be," I said as I linked my arms with him.

“ Well, don't you look happy," he said as he looked at me and I just shrugged.

“ Isn't that how every girl is supposed to be when her dream man finally proposes, on his knees," I said and he chuckled.

" So you're saying I'm your dream man?” He asked.

" You know whether it's a good or bad dream, it's still a dream,” I said as I looked up at him with a sinister smile.

“ Well, that means we're both each other's dream, how wonderful,” he said.

" Yeah, how wonderful,” I said as I watched our family talk and laugh, they couldn't wait to be in-laws.

How sad that isn't going to happen but they could as well get to know each other maybe for business purposes.

That's what all this is all about after all.

“ You always seem to think you have your way around things don't you?" My supposed husband-to-be suddenly asked and I turned to him with a raised brow.

“ Why? Shouldn't I have control of my life?” I asked.

" Whatever it is you're planning…" he said as he slowly turned to me and placed his hands on my shoulders… “ Isn't going to work, so you better stop while you can,"

“ Let's see about that."